Followers

Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Walk Around Tydd

I thought that you might like to have a little peek at my village, it was aglorious sunny motning after a hard frost with mist later.

I put Ben on his lead and to his delight we wandered  aimlessly about, giving him the chance to visit a few of his canine pals.

We are fortunate to have a thriving shop in the village and soon it may have a PO counter.


We also have a busy pub with a darts team and a pool team. There are regular Karaoke nights and live music from local groups, good food is served and the Sunday Lunch is renowned




The Church is well attended although we share the Rector with another parish.

I am afraid that I cut the steeple off , David Bailey I am not.

The village sign is striking
.


This is the lane where most of my dog walks start


This is a made up road past 2 cottages and then becomes a grassed footpath over the fields, I have walked all the various twists and turnoffs but have not fell of the edge of the world yet.

It is very popular with dogs and their owners and it is kept clean, you do not have to worry about "putting your foot" in anything untoward.

We have a thriving school and the library van calls monthly, there is a good bus service hourly and you can get to Kings Lynn, Spalding, Wisbech and Peterborough easily, Hunstanton and Norwich require a change at Lynn but it is still a simple journey.

On a different note I was given some Quails eggs yesterday,


Two dozen, I was over the moon, 12 of these are going into a Gala Pie for tonight's dinner with salad and the others will feature later in the week.

Last nights Beef Olives were a success, I had not made them for years but had a small joint of topside to use, they were going into a Giant Yorkshire Pudding but mashed potatoes were requested



They were very tasty and very tender, falling to pieces as I cut the strings, I remembered how to tie a butchers knot!

That's it for now.   TTFN   Pam




7 comments:

  1. Smashing post, Pam, and I loved the stroll through your village - is it bigger/smaller than Tydd St Giles? I've never been to either but have a young relative lives in St Mary----I think!

    Those beef olives look great ...mmmm... yorkshire....mash.....difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think there is much in it for size but the center of St. Giles is more densely populated so i guess that there may be more people. The olives were lovely, I do either Yorkshire or potatoes.

      Delete
  2. Your village looks a delight Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely and I really enjoy living here, but I want to move to Wales within the next 2 years.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos Pam, thank you for the tour round your village, the signposts in Norfolk are all so lovely, ours is like a number plate on a post!

    Beef Olives look delicious, what have you stuffed them with?

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I squeezed the filling out of 2 sausages and mixed it with 4 rashers of streaky bacon chopped small, some finely chopped onion and mushroom sweated in a little oil and some dried breadcrumbs with a sprinkle of mixed herbs. I squished it together with a little stock to make it soft. I cooked them on a bed of carrots, onion and celery in gravy made with beef stock and a slosh of red wine.

      Delete
  4. Those beef olives sound scrummy. Am off to raid the freezer to see if we have any beef left

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.