Followers

Saturday 11 May 2013

Going Going Gone

I  have gone down with a humdinger of a headache, I am putting the blame on my sinuses. They are my Achilles Heel, I can cope with the stuffed up feeling, I can take medication for the headache, It is the sneezing that is my undoing. It creeps up on me and when I sneeze you might hear a sonic boom. I have been thrown backwards by the force and a few times have fallen down.
My brain feels as though it has been kicked round a football field and my neck thinks it has been in a RTA.
All in all I am good for nothing. I am going to share my latest fabric arrivals with you and then I am going out for a slow meander with Ben, Bertie is snoring gently on HIS end of the sofa.


These are from America, some more from the Texas Bluebonnet range, I will use them with my April Shower blog hop winnings.



These are from Doughty's I bought them on line and they arrived within 48 hours of ordering.

They will go with this to make a strip quilt for my bed.



I fell in love with these cuties and they will be marching across the middle of the  quilt. This will be for the winter and I will be on the lookout for some flannel for the backing, or even some Minky.

I am all organised to have breakfast for dinner today, Mr. S has supplied the sausages, taste the difference outdoor reared pork and cooking bacon rashers rather than chops, my usual source has supplied the FR Eggs. I have some big flat mushrooms from the staff shop and will use potatoes from the larder for hash browns.

Tomorrow will be Roast Chicken with stuffing, Yorkshire Pudding and as many veg as I can fit into the steamer.

If anyone wants a pudding there is a bowl of fresh fruit and lots of Greek Yogurt, on the other hand I have everything to make a cheesecake and fresh pineapple to go with it.

The weather here is chopping and changing, I hope for better tomorrow, a little gentle pottering in the garden sounds good.

The Postman brought me my Elizabeth West books this morning, Garden in the hills and Cooking in the Hills, I will have a wander through those this evening.

I bought a new lamp, for sewing, yesterday. We had not been back 20 minutes when Michael opened a cupboard and found the craft lamp that I thought was lost. I plugged it in and bingo it works so now I have 2.

 It is my birthday soon and we are off to Wales I am so looking forward to it, I hope to have good weather so I can share lots of photo's with you. I have ordered a new memory card for my camera, Francesca assures me that I can store most of Wales on

Wonderful, my headache is abating and I have not sneezed for about 20 minutes so I am off outside, hope it does not rain again for a while.   TTFN     Pam

15 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit crook today. Weather is changeable here too, sunny at the moment! Those gorgeous fabrics must have been a bit of a pick me up for you, they are wonderful, I LOVE the elephants. I inherited a daylight lamp which is on my hubby's computer desk and an embroidery stand which makes a perfect tripod type thingy for the ipad, hubby likes doing the time lapse photos, so both items being used for different a purpose!!

    Dinner sound delicious as always, in fact I'm thinking maybe I should move in.... your meals sound nicer than mine :-)

    I hope the fresh air clears your headache, there is nothing worse when you have lots to be getting on with.

    Take care
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now Sunday morning, I am feeling tickety boo and the sun is shining, I managed about 40 minutes walking before it greyed over, swallowed my sinus medication and was tucked up in bed by 10.00 and asleep before my head touched the pillow.
      Dinner was good, the best bit was the fact that Michael not only washed up but blitzed all the tops and put everything away.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better and enjoy the Garden in the Hills as much as I do.When we were in Wales once we went and found The Hovel but it was completely changed by road widening and the road busier and most of the trees gone. E.W was never happy with The Kitchen book -I wrote to her via the publishers years ago and had a note from her she said they made her hurry to publish it and she would have liked longer to do it. By then they had moved to the Forest of Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read the first chapter but I am in, I did think about a detour on our way to Cardigan but decided against it, knowing that I would be disappointed. I am back on form now thank you, I do not do being ill very well, luckily I am not like that very often.

      Delete
  3. Feel better soon Pam- the fabrics look lovely- I am not allowed to buy anymore until I clear some of my stash but I am keeping a secret list of all the places you are shopping and for the moment living vicariously through your purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my "happy money" AKA slush fund for fabric, threads and sewing bits. It is just about gone now but I have money for 2 large quilts on it's way and an order for 6 cushions so the coffers will soon be brimming again.

      Delete
  4. Hope your sinuses clear up soon. Have been having the same trouble, not been able to do my cross stitch because of the headache. Can't wait for the charts to arrive, my mum in law will love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grovel grovel, I have 4 parcels wrapped ready to post looking at me accusingly, they will all be on their merry way on Monday.

      Delete
    2. LOL, that's ok. Can't see to do much at the moment, feel like I've been slapped in the face with a large frying pan. Will enjoy them when they get here.

      Delete
  5. Love your fabrics .
    I have been sneezing for England this week too .
    I sometimes use a flannelette sheet for warmth on the back of a quilt .
    Re, the rhubarb , I was interested in the crisp ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I do is layer diced Rhubarb in a shallow pyrex dish, melt 100 grams of butter, stir in the same weight of demarara sugar and oats give it a good stir and scatter over the top, I aim to just see a little of the fruit peeping through, and then bake for around 25 minutes at about 180 c. i have it with Greek Yoghurt for breakfast if it lasts that long.

      Delete
  6. Really nice fabrics
    Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda, a very pretty name, i am back on form now and itching to finish the 9 patch and start the next one.

      Delete
  7. A day late (you will be into the Sunday morning roast preps by now) I hope you're feeling lots better. My Hovel in the HIlls and Kitchen in same arrived last week so I am pootling through the first. Thanks so much for reminding me of this, my once favourite read! DArn it, meant to blog about them ....oh well, next post!

    I particularly like the middle (Doughties?) fabrics. D'you know, we don't have a patchwork quilt for our bed - quilts everywhere else but not one for us! I must rememdy that, but it will be a long job, as it will be hand quilted. (Big stitch, I can assure you!) Sunny here, with threat of light showers later, must nip off to CR and pick some more Wild Garlic leaves, I need to make Dolmas for a friend coming on Tuesday. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever tied a quilt? I did one for Francesca about 3 years ago, it has been washed oodles of times and still looks good, I aim to tie the Elephant quilt. Enjoy your harvesting, I have so much puree in the freezer it is ridiculous

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.