Followers

Sunday 12 May 2013

Sunday Sunday, sew good for me

That is my take on the Mamas and Papas hit song.

My day started well with lots of sun shine and blue skies.


Then had lots of this. :-)


Which led to lots of this.  :-(


Which needed lots of these.  Yucky

I used 6 cotton buds to clear the lint out of my Toyota  and that is the third time during this quilt, once more before I put the binding on should do it. I just have one more row to attach but that is three long seams. I am not sure if it is this material or the wadding that is generating so much lint. I use the Warm and Light in most of my projects and have never had to clean so frequently before.


We did manage a little of this. We had to come home too soon really, there is a vintage car and motorbike show in the village and some of the bikes are hurtling round the lanes and they are very noisy.

I am going to attach the last row to my quilt and then make the binding, I went through my stash of fabric and nothing jumped out at me so I will be using all (well alright then, some) of my left over strips to make a scrappy binding.     

I hope that you are all enjoying your week end as much as I am. I nearly forgot to say,when I was visiting Mr S on Friday the Postie left a card to say that there was a parcel for me too big for the letter box
. It is being redelivered tomorrow. I have no idea what it is,
 I have all the books from up the Amazon, I have all my goodies from America and Hereford, perhaps someone loves me enough to send me a nice surprise I will share tomorrow.  TTFN    Pam





8 comments:

  1. Good idea about the cotton buds for declogging your machine. I use a little brush on my seam ripper but it isn't as effective as I would like. Can't wait to see your finished quilt- it looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use a brush but find that cotton buds scoop the lint up quickly.

      Delete
  2. Suprise parcel, maybe hubby has bought you a new long arm machine :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish, I really have no idea what it could be.I could have gone and picked it up but it means a 40 minute round trip, without traffic.

      Delete
  3. Hi Pam, isnt it lovely to get a surprise parcel in the post? (I say that like I get them all the time but I dont! Whenever I have done I love it). Looks like you had a bit of sunshine in your neck of the woods too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love surprises, a new friend from the next village heard on the grapevine that I sew and dropped off a box of various fabrics, pillow cases, table cloths a couple of sheets and so on. Treasure to me, I am collecting "vintage" ie used fabrics to make some quilts with soft colours.

      Delete
  4. How strange, my facebook status for yesterday morning was ' "Sun shining up above me" to paraphrase Mama Cass' Great minds!

    Yes, looking forward to seeing thw finished quilt - and you've got us all agog for news of the Mystery Parcel! Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this space, or rather today's blog post. I just hope that it is something interesting, but I will reveal all no matter what.
      Mama Cass was the best, the nearest to her is Alf. Alison Moyet, I have loved her voice from the Yazoo days.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.