Followers

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Tidy up Tuesday, Episode 1

I have made a good start on tidying  up my fabric, I now have two shoe "thingys" hanging in the wardrobe and both are full, well each compartment is occupied.



As you can see there is plenty of room in some sections, that is such a shame. he he


This shows the top sections with pre cuts on the left.






This is the section that hurts, in the middle section on the right there are two lonely pieces of  Aqua. That along with turquoise and teal feature high on my list of go to colours. I feel that until I stock up I can not start a large project. I have spent a few hours searching the net and have not found what I want at a price I will pay. I will keep looking until I strike gold.


This is where I contradict myself. I found these layer cakes tucked away. I have a jelly roll to match the cabbages & Roses and two charm packs to match the Joy Christmas one. There are two quilts without Aqua, teal or turquoise, well maybe, there is some clear blue in the joy range so I would put a solid Aqua to stretch the pattern out and I would use some Teal in with the pinks and reds to give it a boost.



Finally tucked in a corner I found this pack of 3 inch squares, I have no idea how many are in there but they look to be several different patterns. This came free with a big order of fabric and much as I think they are pretty the size  means that I will not use them, I work in multiples of 2 1/2 inches.

So if anyone would like them shout now.

I am off to finish dinner prep, cottage pie, carrots and cauli.   TTFN    Pam


7 comments:

  1. I think thats a great space saving idea for your crafting materials.You could do it with wool too. I need to do a major reorganisation here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your storage system is working a treat, no more searching through cupboards, just open the door and you can see everything at a glance, brilliant! You have some gorgeous fabrics. I have some pink and blue patchwork on the go and would love those little squares to add to it please, I am making a snuggle quilt for my little grandaughter.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Whoops, pressed the wrong button. The squares are yours karen , email me your snail mail address and I will get them in the post. you can get my email from my profile. Grand children are so special, Junior and Kaitlyn had quilts before they were as long as your finger.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Pam, I have emailed you x

      Delete
  3. You divil, Karen! Beat me to it.Though to be fair, I hardly need any more fabric, and they have gone to a very good home.
    Aren't those shoe hangers coming into their own, Pam? How neat is that. And don't worry about the spaces - if you are anything like me they won't be there for long! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to 'fess up. I was looking at Sew Deerly Love last night and had just a peek at her Etsy shop, some material may have fell in my basket and I am glad to say was all in the sale, some of it was £3 a yard, and I am even gladder to say that it is on it's way here. WOO HOO. Lots of Aqua, teal and just a touch of other colours to liven it up.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.