Followers

Monday 9 December 2013

There I was, watchin' this hole, hole in the wall, wide and sorta tall.

My apologies  to Mr Cribbins, But just have a gander at this.




It has now been plastered and when dry will be skimmed, but   I don't care!  I'm walking on sunshine and I'm doing a happy dance.

I took Ben out this afternoon and on the way back I stopped to talk to a couple who are emptying their garage so they can get the car in. They moved in just over 2 years ago, filled the garage, shut the doors and forgot about it all. He had just come out of the forces and was adjusting to life as a civi and she was polishing up her nursing with a refresher course (for want of a better name). Now they decided with a weeks holiday and family coming for Christmas that having a usable garage might be handy. I laughingly said, If you've got a vintage Singer in there I'll buy it.

He said " as a matter of fact we have a BRAND NEW TREADLE machine that we bought in India, the machine is a Singer and is still in the box, The frame and table were made locally so do not have the Singer badge. Would you like them" I nearly fell over, took a few deep breathes and managed to squeak, "can I have a look?"



Here she is, still dusty but connected up and running. I did not work her, she needs a good oiling and I will take her to the Singer shop for a once over. As you can see the table is a fairly disgusting orangey thing, if I can not find one on the internet I will sand it down and stain it a better colour.

I was only congratulating a fellow blogger on her treadle find a couple of days ago.  Now I have one, I have been searching for one for ages, all I found were either in need of a boatload of money spent on them or as dear as fire is hot.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to book her in and hopefully it can be done before Christmas.

I have some new followers to welcome, Kankerdoodle and Melanie.
Melanie blogs at The Patchwork Robin and I am green with envy at her beautiful makes.

Reasons to be grateful

1. My new machine, power cuts hold no fears for me now.

2. Lovely people and their generosity.

3. The good neighbour who collected and delivered it for me.

4. All the bloggers who are holding a giveaway day on their blogs today.

5. My car boot full of things for the charity shop and the wonderful space they have left me.

I had to struggle to get past number 1, such a small thing as which way I took Ben and what time I went influenced this. Had I turned left out of the door or gone sooner or later I would never had known. Chance or luck, call it what you will, it was there for me today. No I have not rushed out to buy a lottery ticket but the Dogs Trust will get an extra donation from me this Christmas.

I have to get my self into the kitchen, dinner time approaches and excitement has not diminished my appetite. I am making khichri from MFin3, Elaine posts some great recipes and this is the latest in a long line that I have made. It may be a breakfast dish but I am looking forward to my dinner. Oh and while I was nosing round the site I used her link to buy a pressure cooker, I had one years ago and I am not sure what happened to it. Mine should arrive this week.

                          TTFN                                           Pam


16 comments:

  1. Definitely the week for happy dances :)
    The "cosmic supply company" delivers again - that machine was just waiting there for you to find it all that time. I'm still excited about mine lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on joining the treadle club ...best thing ever!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! "The Treadle Club" !!! Wouldn't be without mine. They are a thing of beauty.
      Gillx

      Delete
    2. The machine is a beauty, the decals are so pretty. Unfortunately the table is rather ugly but I will look for a replacement.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's wonderful!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. was obviously meant to be yours. Think we must have commented on the same site. Mine is called Geraldine and my friends is Fifi. You will have to come up with an Indian name for yours as that is where is was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to think on the name, although she is built to an old design she is in fact quite young. There are whole swathes of India with no electricity and Treadle machines are the norm.

      Delete
  5. Lucky you. However, you are very generous yourself so you deserve the luck. What goes around, comes around. Who is MFin3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine Collier blogs at Mortgage Free in Three, she has some brilliant recipes and ideas, I follow via email. Her story is amazing.

      Delete
  6. You lucky duck Pam! You deserve it. Hope you do well at the car boot and make some money on the side. Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner was very tasty and I am lining up variations, at the weekend I am going to try Lamb with chickpeas instead of split peas and use cinnamon, coriander and lemon . Vaguely Moroccan. Then there will be Pork Belly with Soy, Honey, Five Spice and Star Anise. Lots of 1 pot wonders. I have my challenge to meet.

      Delete
  7. So pleased for you, what a fab find x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What serendipity! Who would have thought they actually would have one in there!? Hope you have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Pam and well deserved; what smashing neighbours. As a school girl who HATED SEWING and was very very bad at it, the treadle machine was the only one I felt comfortable with - the electric ones ran away with you! I hope you have hours of pleasure. We have just bought our daughter-in-law one and it came fro the shop in Tower street you are going to I expect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.