I had a stack of goodies from the postie to greet me, my lovely neighbours took them in for me.
Some new crafting supplies.
These will become a shawl or a blanket, I still have to unpack my mind so that I can make it up. I will have to find some deeper colours to add contrast. There are 2 balls of Turquoise, one of my "go to" colours.
A ruler to make trimming HST a piece of cake.
A ruler to help with that perfect 1/4" seam.
Some reading material.
This has been on order for absolutely ages.
The wonderful book that I won, love it, love it.
Last but not least, my copy of Love Patchwork & Quilting,
with some freebie Quilt Labels. There won't be much crafting done tonight.
Reasons to be grateful.
1. The drive back was just over 5 hours, via Cardiff because of the roadworks on the coast road to Aber.
2. After a little rain the sun shone all the way.
3. I used £40 of petrol, foot down on the motorway.
4. Ben slept most of the way, he sat up when we reached Peterborough.
5. We got back in time to join Nev and Greg for the afternoon run round the field.
I have changed my plan to return to the cottage in September, Whilst walking Ben on Sunday evening a dog burst through a garden hedge and did it,s utmost to bite Ben, I had to scoop him up and hold him at head level. The owner, his wife and 2 teenagers were all shouting at the dog to come back. I own up to Kicking the dog, a first for me, and using some very choice language at the owner.
I will not run the risk of a second encounter and Ben was most reluctant to leave the garden for his walk this morning. I will update you when a decision has been made.
I am now in dire need of tea, and lots of it, so it is off to the kitchen for me.