Followers

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

More Crochet, More Cooking and a new Mantle.

I was rambling round the cottage this morning , avoiding the ironing and polishing, and decided to clear the mantelpiece and start again.
I took the flotsam and jetsam away and rootled through the glory hole AKA the cupboard under the stairs and pulled a box of odd glasses and general rubbish out. A quick trip out to the flower shop and stealing my rose quartz from the bathroom and ....



I think that I cropped the pic a bit too much, oh well, never mind.

I did a bit of baking this morning, 2 mincemeat fruit cakes and some flapjacks. Some crochet, I made a hat but although I like it I don't like it on me. That has gone to a good home. I wanted a light dinner so jacket potato, with....hmmm what about salad and there was a pack of mushrooms that needed using up.


A splash of balsamic on the salad, mmm something extra needed, look in the fridge, oh yes, a sliver of Stilton.



Much better, and very tasty it was.

I read a blog called a spoon full of sugar and a while ago I bookmarked an Apple Crumble Slice recipe, with a sponge bottom rather than pastry. I used a jar of apple puree from last October.




This is a 20 x 30 cm tin, no I will not be eating it all. My lovely neighbours will get 1/3rd each.

Thanks to those who popped over to see Mandy yesterday, she had over 800 views, I am so pleased for her.

Reasons to be grateful.

1. A delicious dinner at very little cost.

2. Cakes to share.

3. A new recipe to try, supper I think.

4. A happy blogger.

5. A friend with a nice new hat.

I was going to have some of the Apple Slice but was just too full.
I did intend to put my feet up, watch a film and crochet last night, best laid plans and all that. When I took Ben out at 9 one of my near neighbours was pootling around her drive and asked us in for coffee, needless to say that Ben spend over an hour on her knees and a pot of coffee just disappeared. So the plan has been moved to tonight. 

The trees are budding up well and there is masses of blossom everywhere. The weatherman told me 2 days ago that winter was over HUH 2 sharp frosts followed. It isn't Spring till the equinox, and then it can still be cold. Don't buy your bedding plants yet.

The new TV series based on some books by David Baldacci starts tonight, it is on to record and series linked, woohoo.

On that happy note I am off to wash up and tidy the kitchen.

                       TTFN                                     Pam







4 comments:

  1. Your mantle looks lovely & fresh now very spring like. Yes all the trees are budding up nicely now, your crumble looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty but a bit awkward to divide up, back to pastry next time, or shortbread would be nice.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you have been busy!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had my sloth like time as well.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.