Followers

Wednesday 13 August 2014

A Lazy Day.

A warm welcome to Poppy Patchwork, a new follower, I have been for a quick visit and am in awe at your stitching. It is a craft that I have never got to grips with, but it is on my list. Like most women my age I did copious amounts of cross stitch while in primary school but once I was in secondary education sewing was out of the window.

I have finished my project from yesterday and completed another as a small gift for Maggie.




These are the last of the HST I made by the new method , I tuned them into another childs quilt and backed it with a Michael Miller print. I bought a few 1 yard lengths a while ago in a good sale and am glad to have them to use now. This is destined for the Red Cross along with 2 larger ones that are waiting to be layered and quilted.

Ages ago I bought this book but apart from pincushions have not made anything from it. I do have 4 aprons cut and laid ready to sew but have tidied them away, somewhere. So this morning I flipped to an apron in my book.


.

The pocket in the pattern is made of 3 patchwork blocks, I have a container full of blocks and lots of crazy patchwork. I chose to use a bit of crazy, along with 2 bits of coloured scraps and some curtain lining I made this. I can honestly say that it took longer to decide what scraps to use for the pocket binding and ties than it did to make.





I made it for Maggie, just like me she likes a cloth, either tea towel or duster, tucked into the side so I put a little loop of ribbon at the top. In the pattern there is one at the bottom of the pocket, just for decoration. In my world these things have to be practical as well if possible. I made it a little wider and the ties a little longer as Maggie is taller and a bit wider than me. She was pleased with it I am happy to say.

Before I started sewing I straightened the cushions on my sofa and put a crochet cushion on the coffee table ready to replace the cover a bit later.
 I heard Ben playing and crept to the door with my camera.


He had found a toy and while playing managed to scatter the cushions, one was on the floor behind the sofa. As you can see I did not put my zips away yesterday, I have now. The stack on the right of the pic is my crochet, the bag on top is full of flowers ready for kaitlyns bedroom.


Here the scamp is with his toy, it used to squeak rather a lot, now only the one in the tummy works.

Reasons to be grateful.

1.  A couple of hours visit to Maggie this afternoon.

2.  The offer of as many apples as I would like from Maggie's garden.

3.  We shared 2 pots of tea and a sweet treat, while enjoying the sunshine in her garden.

4.  A gift of a bag of courgettes means that more chutney is on the cards tomorrow.

5.  Elaine Paige is on the telly later and I have it on record, I do like her voice, and she will be singing from Evita.

I have had a lazy day today, after the last 2 busy ones I wanted to rest my hip. The last thing I need is to be back on the pills.

Tomorrow will be more active, Friday I will bake to take to Cardigan on Saturday.
Now I must clear the sewing table, it is covered with little bits and bobs.

                         TTFN                                                 Pam


14 comments:

  1. I love the quilt, lovely and colourful, you have given me an idea for a new quilt I will be starting work on soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news, I love it when I spot something on a blog and it ignites a spark.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments, your quilts are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the apron with the patchwork pocket & Ben is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ashamed that it has taken me so long to make something from the book, Ben certainly is cute, and he knows it.

      Delete
  4. Lovely Apron, I have seen it some-where before in a book but cant think what book it was, unfortunaly my craft books are not yet unpacked.
    You are so good with your sewing, and very neat bias edges as well, something I need to improve on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that many books have similar items, some are possibly copy cats some are just inspired by other creations. I know that I often spot something and just have to copy it, I do try to give credit to the source but sometimes there is a gap between the spotting and the doing and I forget. I ought to have a little notebook as a memory jogger. Zips are my nemesis, I have bookmarked an excellent tutorial for zippered pouches and intend to run several up in tandem. That is why I bought so many zips, I refuse to be cowed by a bit of tape and plastic.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous patchwork Pam, I love everything you make, I'm a bit timid at putting colours together and stay within my comfort zone. I am only a beginner and stil have lots to learn, thankfully the Thimbles ladies are always on hand for advice and help.
    Ben looks comfy sat there, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen your cards and that level of creativity is well out of my comfort zone. I do have a box of fuglies and I made some of them, you can not always tell that one colour in a block will make it truly awful and 3 shades up or down will make it awesome.

      Delete
  6. Like all of the commenters, I have to say Ben is adorable. Your quilts are beautiful. Such a skill to have is to be cherished. I'm so glad you stopped by to visit my blog. I think I found a like minded 'friend'. Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with every one of you, Ben is a delightful little dog, even when he insists on wrapping himself around my neck, like a scarf and washing my chin. I love it when I find a new blog to follow, every one gives something different with new points of view.

      Delete
  7. Love the piny, Pam! You have been so productive since moving to Wales, it really suits you!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is the clean air I think, oh and the lovely people all around me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.