Followers

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Frugal dinners

I have made a good start to a minimal spend period, dinner yesterday was a bowl of veg soup made from the remains of last weeks veg shop, a box of passatta from Lidl and a bunch of fresh herbs from the garden. As I have several heads of garlic I added 4 roughly chopped cloves. I estimate that the total cost was £1.50 and got enough for 5 very hungry portions.

Tonight I made a packet of chilli mix from AF for 25p and I added a scoop of the veg soup to it, I want to eat plenty of veg. I also heated a sachet of a spicy Dal Makhani from AF, 20p, as there were 2 of us. I had a slice of home cooked ham left from Saturday so chopped that up and added. Dinner for 2 for less than a pound.

Pudding was an apple from Maggie, so free.

My dinner did not look pretty but the scent and taste was wonderful.


It was very filling, luckily I was hungry after working in the garden all afternoon.

This is short and sweet, written while my guest walks Ben for me.

Until tomorrow when I will have more photos.

          TTFN                                                      Pam

5 comments:

  1. The colour comes from the expensive garnish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cheap meals there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cheapness but they were full of flavour and very very filling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    We would like to share your blog's recipes on myTaste Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).

    Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

    You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

    Hope to see you soon on myTaste,
    myTaste Australia

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.