Followers

Monday 8 September 2014

Oh, Where did the weekend go?

I think that the last 2 days have shrunk somehow, and i can scarcely believe that it is 7 o'clock already.

On Saturday I went off to Isabeau Inspirations to indulge in a day of sewing and chat, with no phone to interrupt me. I arrived at 10 ish and started with a brew before emptying my sewing kit on to the work table. There should have been 2 others but (lucky for me) they were no shows. The idea was a tutorial on making a basic tunic top, I made mine longer and will wear it with thick tights and a polo neck sweater underneath. I have just realised that I did not take a photo, rats.

It did not take long even with chatting almost non stop with Iris, it was her class.
Iris made this and I am going to make a few myself.


A few bells and some gold beads will dress it up nicely.



That,s more like it, another handful of scraps used up. I had about 24 5" charm squares in there from somewhere and thought that I would attempt a dog, I have seen variations of this in lots of places, and never got round to trying it.




My stuffing is uneven but as it is destined for Junior I will not worry over it.

I am going to skip Sunday for a moment and show what I have been doing today.


A load of 2 1/2" squares, it took me quite a while to cut these as I like to be as accurate as possible. The charms that I used on Saturday were not very accurate and I had to do quite a lot of easing as I sewed it all together.


There are 2 dogs here ready to sew, I have since sewn 2 halves together and made a start on the next half, I have yet to cut the strips for the gusset.

The garden make over is going strong, I half expect Alan, Tommy and Charlie to come in for a cuppa on Sunday.

The ground is being prepared for a small greenhouse, it has to be levelled and some steps put down to deal with the slope.






The basic shape is there and the steps are being manhandled into submission. The soil is soft and free draining, good job really. When I think how much all that slate would have cost in Tydd I shudder, it was all in the garden waiting to be used.



This narrow bed will run the length of the fence and will be full of garlic.

Blogger  has been taking ages and it is now 8:00 so I am off for a soak in the bath.

TTFN                                                      Pam










16 comments:

  1. Your patchwork dog takes me back. My Mom made my now 43 yr. old son one of those when he was a baby! So cute and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having fun making them, I have found a slightly different pattern to play with.

      Delete
  2. I love that Christmas tree-I had forgotten all about those! I will definitely be making some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen them before but intend to make a few.

      Delete
  3. One of my aunts was an amazing pictorial patchworker but I could never get to grips with even the simplest designs. None of the edges ever joined properly. I think the main problem is that me and my sewing machine don't like each other very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love to play with fabric and colour, as long as the cutting and seaming is consistent every thing should match up.

      Delete
  4. This is my third try to leave a comment. Here goes... The puppy pillow is sweet. Bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third time lucky, blogger was playing up yesterday so I got fed up and annoyed.

      Delete
  5. There's nothing as exciting as putting up a greenhouse is there? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do without that sort of excitement, I put 2 up at the cottage in Tydd and the air was blueish lart of the time.

      Delete
  6. Loved your patchwork, dogs are great. Hard work in the garden, but once you have your greenhouse think of the fun to be had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am projecting my thoughts past the putting it together stage and planning the planting.

      Delete
  7. I love a day of crafting with other like minded people. OH can't get his head around, cutting fabric into tiny pieces and sew it all back together lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go into Wisbech fabric shop regularly for sewing days and have missed it, I was so glad to find that Hilary and Iris do it in Crosshands.

      Delete
  8. Thats one thing about making my first quilt I did not enjoy the cutting. I sure your new garden will look lovely when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the parts of quilting but I do struggle with basting a big quilt. I looked at some folding tables from Ikea but where to store them when not in use.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.