Followers

Thursday 11 September 2014

The greenhouse has landed.

It arrived mid afternoon and the base in now in situ, the frame pack is opened and (fingers crossed) most of the assembly work will take place tomorrow. 
I am so excited, I already have a list of plants that I will be raising next spring.

I was intending to have a day away from sewing today but fate stepped in with both feet, I keep a pot near the machine with a few things that I use repeatedly,


This afternoon I managed to tip it over and it hit the floor and disintegrated. 
As luck would have it I received a book today and on flicking through it found this.



I instantly wanted one, this will not break no matter how many times I send it flying.


It did not take long, I did cheat a little bit and use strips rather than squares, I could have pressed it better but was in a hurry. Oops , that's how I broke the pot in the first place.


I am glad now that it was not pressed so well as I need to make it a bit taller. This brings my running total of stash makes to 43/100, It seems likely that I will not make the 100 but I have been asked to make 10 bookmarks. Would it be cheating to count them, they are very fast to make, and I want to make some tissue holders for a fund raiser later in the year, I plan on dressing them up with flowers and frills.

I also found these in the book.


The front cover is just too cute, it reminds me of one of my cushions, I see a few of these in the future. They would hold a small toy or a little colouring book and some crayons They would also hold a jar of jam or chutney if I played with the dimensions.


I know several cat lovers and look forward to making some of these. Oh look, embroidery, I better have a good read of Marlene's blog and see what I can glean.



Just look at that, a dog cushion, I much prefer my brightly coloured versions, how bizarre to find that only days after making them from memory. I still want to make it up with bigger squares.

Dinner was a chicken pie, top crust only as I had 3 little potatoes to use, I mashed them. I served it with carrots, cabbage and runner beans gifted to me and a little gravy. That was some of the chicken from Monday, I have put the remainder in the freezer, I want to have a fish meal tomorrow and am in Cardigan on Saturday and do not want it to spoil. That is 4 meals so far, plus a sandwich, and enough for another 4 later. 

Today was a no spend and tomorrow will be as well, I will have to check back and keep a running total, it will keep me focussed.

Reasons to be grateful.

1.  Another sunshiny day.

2.  The generosity of my new friends.

3.  My garden is taking shape.

4.  I will see the grands on Saturday. 

5.  Michael is working so hard both in the garden and in his mindset.

The moon has been splendid the past few nights but the sun has outdone itself. I know that moonlight is flattering and beautiful but give me hot sunny days any time, even if I can not have the sun on my head at all, I am happy with the heat and have managed to go quite brown this year.

I am off to make tea, camomile this time, I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

     TTFN                                                                    Pam
























14 comments:

  1. I do like the look of the patch work bag! I might well make something similar as part of a Christmas present for my friend and good neighbour that will look after my cat when I`m gone on my two week Moroccan adventure.
    The greenhouse should make a lovely addition to your gardening. I hope you will post a few pics once it`s been put up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am watching the greenhouse frame being assembled, and covering my ears at regular intervals. Apparently the instructions were written by a Russian and then translated to English by a Mandarin speaking person Hmmmm , a large pinch of salt is called for. I will be filling the blog with photos, the whole area is undergoing a transformation.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your plants growing in your greenhouse, how exciting. Love your patchwork, you are very clever, we each have our own little craft of choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am full of plans of what to grow, I will be ordering fruit trees and bushes soon. Patchwork and all sewing is my go to craft, I do like cross stitch but I am a tad impatient if it does not grow fast. I love my new found crochet skills and think that embroidery should be in there, I did it years ago and do have some hoops that I picked up last year. I like to have lots on the go,I am a bit of a flibbertigibbet.

      Delete
  3. I love the patwork cat very different, the greenhouse project is going to be great look forward to seeing what you get up to in the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it so much, I did not realise how much that I would miss my garden, even though it was far too much for me. I have dug all the strips out of my stash and will be piecing the cat later. As I have managed to cut hundreds of 2 1/2" squares I will make everything in the book. My poor neglected purses will have to wait a bit longer.

      Delete
  4. Pam what an excellent post, I admire your reasons to be grateful too. I had just had a moment sitting in the morning sunshine sipping coffee thinking I would rather be here than anywhere else. Do you think that is the real meaning of being happy I do!
    bestest as ever...PS hoping for some greenhouse planting tips soon....Daisy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed think that, I feel as though I have come home after a long trip away. Michael is a great help now that he has mastered his demons and each day is better than the one before. Francesca should be fully qualified by February and James is well settled into his life as a father of 2 gorgeous children. I feel that I can take a breath, relax and not be overly concerned about them, me time is here and i intend to enjoy it to the full.

      Delete
  5. How exciting, a new greenhouse. Mine is tiny, just 4 foot by 6 foot, but I manage well with it, I grow plenty in it. You'll have such fun growing all kinds of things in it, I bet you can't wait. I love that cat cushion, how cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is 6 x 8, I need to have space to walk round it and do not need to grow enough to feed an army. I am determined not to stockpile to the extent that I was, enough and a little extra will be just fine. I am going to make a cat cushion later, I will have fo find some more stuffing to finish it though.

      Delete
  6. Good Luck with your greenhouse and all your plantings Pam. Its so exciting to see those little seeds shooting through xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really excited, I have a list drawn up of things to grow and have earmarked a part of the lawn that will become a covered soft fruit garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam there was rather a lot of swearing from my other half when we were putting up our new greenhouse, I hope you have a swear box handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duh! I could have made enough to buy another greenhouse. I offered to help but was turned down so am going nowhere near it, until it is ready to be planted.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.