Followers

Friday 26 December 2014

All is peaceful in the valley

I thank you all for your kind words after my last post. The dust has settled and the guilty party is contrite ( I take that with a pinch of salt). It is perhaps unfortunate that the one thing that is guaranteed to make my blood boil is lying. I do not know why but it is a red rag to a bull where I am concerned. I am (so far) unshockable and will gladly help how and as I can, but lie to me and if I find out you better expect a nuclear explosion.

I did reinstate all the decs and I got my garland up.

 
I am very pleased with the crochet garland, because I assembled it on my lap I expected it to need a bit of tweaking. All I have to do is add an Owl to the left side at the end. I managed to persuade the wreath to hold together, a little ribbon and a few sprigs of holly helped.
 
 

 
I trimmed the mantle in the sewing/dining room and hung  stockings, I have had a lovely quiet couple of days and with Fran tried hard not to eat too much, we forgot all about Bucks Fizz for breakfast and just kept the tea flowing so we had bubbles with our dinner.
We watched some TV and chatted away, Ben enjoyed some leisurely walks on Wednesday and Thursday as we had glorious sunshine. Today it has been rain and wind since early morning.
 
 
A while ago I found this pattern and bought the wool to knit it, not in lurid orange, in a soft blue. I have made a start, I have knitted more than twice this but have been too lazy to take a new photo.

 
 

 
 

 
When I bought this wool I loved it, now I realise that there is very little in my wardrobe that I could wear with it. I am making it a little bigger and it will be a gift for Maggie.
 
She has a very bad cold at the moment and has been in bed for 3 days but sounds much improved today. I will be popping in tomorrow after Fran goes back to Beckenham.
 Happily Fran will only be away for a few days as she plans to come back for the new year.

We plan a lazy evening with a glass of mulled wine and some "chewing gum for the brain" TV, with some gentle knitting for me.

One of the big Christmas cushions will be going back with Fran and she has been looking at options for her Quilt for next year.

I have the chance to go into Swansea on Monday, so if the fabric shop has a sale on I may be spending freely, albeit wisely.

Ben had a new toy that he got so excited with that he chewed its nose off, I did mend it first thing this morning but unfortunately he has repeated his efforts so it will be in the bin later. he has had a bath and is flat out on his towel with his head on the remnants of his toy.

I hope that your days have been peaceful and enjoyable, I took the easy way and got all the veg prepped and part cooked on Christmas eve morning. I made a trifle and a big "Jaffa cake" for pudding, we did start the trifle and I have a home for the Jaffa Cake.

Now it is time to put the wine on to warm up and get my knitting out.

                     TTFN                                                  Pam.

32 comments:

  1. pleased to hear you rescued the festivities, we will have to get a sewing B going in the new year, I have a mountain of fabric to use :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an excellent idea, I am in.

      Delete
    2. perhaps we could get Bovy belle involved as she is local to us as well :-)

      Delete
    3. Good idea, the ideas should flourish.

      Delete
  2. So pleased to see you back and that Christmas Day was OK. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas day was lovely, the weather meant that Ben had some good walks, and so did I. Just the job when you may have had seconds of trifle with not a little cream on it.

      Delete
  3. Glad you reinstated christmas pam and you had a good one , love the pattern wish i had the patience to knit xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern in not difficult, the outer bands are a 4 row repeater ans the Aran centre pattern is only 16 rows. I will be looking for some more yarn for myself.

      Delete
  4. So pleased that you were ok and that you've had a pleasant Christmas with your Fran xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that Fran was with you over Christmas. Hope Maggie gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have not missed Christmas yet, and hopefully we will not in the future.

      Delete
  6. Lovely to hear you had a good Xmas. look forward to seeing the jumper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really relaxing day, I will post pictures of my progress, not much yet, I only managed 2 rows last night, we were watching Del Boy and Co.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had company and enjoyed Christmas and telling lies gets me going too! We bought our 6month old pup a new soft toy too and she had eaten the ears and destroyed one of the legs within 10 minutes...I don't think soft toys will be an option for her any more, but hey, she has very much enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben hardly ever touched his toys but over the last few days he has had Fran to play with and just got over excited.

      Delete
  8. Glad xmas was ok. I did worry about you. My dog only has Kong toys, he don't distroy them but our xmas visitor. a lab.was wrecking them so they only have antlers. hope your ok with the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The remnants are now safely in the bin, his other toys are all intact. So far we only have rain, and fingers crossed it will stay that way, although Fran is hoping for a blizzard before she catches her train later.

      Delete
  9. Lovely to hear from you, Pam, and to know that you had a lovely Christmas after all. The garland is truly beautiful. I love that jumper pattern. I'm a sucker for Aran designs but tend to stick to fairly simple ones these days as my concentration isn't as good as it was. I ate a bit too much yesterday at my daughter's but I'm back to healthier eating today, apart from a small serving of Vienetta with a squirt of low cal aerosol cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eat too much on Christmas day but walked some of it off with Ben, I will be eating mostly vegetarian for a few days, as usual, and then it will be a baked ham for the New Year. I have not eaten Vienetta for years, I did buy some Ben and Jerry's but it has not been touched.

      Delete
  10. So pleased everything turned out well. I do hope you saw the 'grandchildren' and gave them your lovely gifts. Mine arrived today so Christmas Day was quiet and peaceful and full of soppy tv and today is much better with chaos, mess, noise, laughter and lots of kissing (my 2 year old). Must get to sleep now as tomorrow is going to be a repeat of today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the gifts to the Grands last Monday, and they came over yesterday for a few hours.

      Delete
  11. Ooo your garland is adorable! I'm now the owner of those Pom pom making machines, thanks to Father Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great fun and a wonderful way of using all the odds and ends up.

      Delete
  12. Christmas is always such a stressful time, when we feel everything has to be "perfect". Sorry to hear about your upset beforehand, but it sounds like you came to terms with it (and so did the other "party").

    Love, love, love your crochet garland. What an original design and idea. Clever clogs!

    All the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put it in a box and slammed the lid on, I do not think that I can come to terms with it. I do not know what made me start the garland, now that I have had a second look I want to put 2 more owls on it. Then I may start another different one.

      Delete
  13. Our pup will get his Christmas toys this weekend. I forgot last year to pick up his bundle in the post Christmas sales, and know there is a glut of leftovers every year in the stores. Considering he is an ear and nose chewer, I don't want to spend full price for half of which will go in the garbage. I do laugh at how he seems to have a few favorites that survive from year to year, and the interesting names that just develop, and he remembers when we send him to find one. I fear though "Bob" and "Teddy" are truly done for now, so will look for replacements. "Ugly Guy" and the "Basketball's" have a lot of play left in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben has now elected to ignore his toys ans has started a sulk as Fran has gone back to London.

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad you got to use your garland after all it would have been a shame after taking time to work on it. The shade of blue is really nice, I'm on a mission after Christmas to clear out our wardrobes instead of adding to them. The charity shops will benefit, plus there will be quite a few pairs of shoes too. I enjoy knitting garments but am sticking to my ripple blanket :).

    Enjoy the rest of your festive holidays.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the one in, one out rule for most things, I am thinking of shrinking my wardrobe though as there are some things that do not get worn very often. I have the yarn for another blanket but can not decide what pattern to use. I do like my blue yarn but it will not go with my clothes but Maggie does wear quite a lot of blue.

      Delete
  15. Phew - so glad all is well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm with you. Lying is like kryptonite to me. I will drop a person who I can't trust in a second. I must be the only blogger who didn't get craft supplies. Oh wait, I did. My daughter filled a basket of stamping items for me as a gift. Who knows, the gift may encourage me to start making my own cards. We'll see what the future brings.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.