Followers

Monday 15 December 2014

Reverse Advent, a months worth in one go.

I have had a gift from Pensive Pensioner at Small Treasures, the gift is not for me, I will be turning it into nice soft beds for rescue dogs, or maybe cats. Many Hands usually get my work but there is a smaller concern a bit closer.

 
These 4 pillowcases will make excellent pet beds, I use a synthetic wadding and they wash easily and spin very dry.

 
I also had this lovely hand made card, I am so jealous of card makers, perhaps I should seek a workshop out for next year.

 When I slipped to the village shop to get some milk I saw that they had a collecting box out, a notice on it described the centre and asked for offerings of food. I did not contribute as I only took enough cash with me for the milk, they sell delicious pastries and cookies!
I will be going in later this week and taking some dog beds and making a donation of food. I will also be putting a stack of children's treats in the food bank collection, every child should have some goodies at Christmas.
I never buy an advent calendar for myself, on the odd occasion that I have been given one I have the first 2 then forget about it and suddenly I have 10 days worth piled up. The last one that I had ended up as truffles, it was  Thornton's dark chocolate and the chocolates were huge.

This afternoon has been a marathon gift wrapping session, just the stockings took an age, 1 each for Junior, Kaitlin, Faith and Francesca and I like to wrap all the contents. The children's main presents are also wrapped so really once Francesca's are done there will only be a handful.

Remember this bag?

 
I made it rather large but new that I would find a use for it, possibly a knitting bag. No it now hides my dirty laundry, it has replaced a wobbly wooden affair with a dull cream cotton bag. As it is pretty it hangs on the newel post and has freed up space in the bathroom.

Now I am off for a gallon of tea and some dinner, quick and easy pizza tonight, and some fruit to be healthy.

My Pompom makers are here, so tomorrow's post will be colourful.

        TTFN                                                            Pam

4 comments:

  1. Love the bag idea .. and it so pretty.
    Just loved the lip smacking mushroom chickpea affair... Thankyou.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old laundry bin thing has been washed and put back together. I have filled it with clothes and odds and ends and it will be landing in a CS later today. I much prefer my pretty bag. Glad you enjoyed the recipe.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad the pillowcases arrived safely, Pam. The bag is brilliant & a great idea for dirty laundry. I like the idea of children's treats in the Foodbank collection too, I will be doing the same later in the week. I can't wait for a glimpse of the pompoms as I'm toying with buying one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bag is much nicer than my old thing, and being without a frame takes up less than half the space. I will be making pompoms tonight, I hope.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.