Followers

Monday 8 December 2014

Sew, Sew, press press sew.

I have had an indulgent day, this morning was very cold but the sun was bright and the sky blue.
Once Ben had been for his first walk I wrapped some gifts to be posted and wrote my cards for airmail. The morning was far too nice to drive so, with Ben in full agreement, got ready to walk to the Post Office. As there was a queue for stamps and so on, and then another when I went to pay for my bread, we were gone well over an hour. I did not see any need to hurry, these bright days may not last long and I aim to enjoy each and every one.
We met one of Bens doggy pals, a Bichon called Dowie, and he made a new friend a Sheltie, also called Dowie. What are the odds of that happening I wonder, even stranger is the fact that they live next door to each other.
After my protein laden meal yesterday I felt that a simple veg rich meal was in order. I cubed up 2 carrots, 1 parsnip, 2 small red onions, 1/4 of a swede and 1/2 a butternut squash. I roughly chopped 3 large cloves of garlic and a few chestnut mushrooms. All of these went into the slow cooker with some tomato sauce, a sprig of rosemary, some fresh sage and 4 bay leaves , a good grind of black pepper and a pinch of salt finished it off. A few hours simmering away, filling the house with a delicious aroma and I cooked some Bulgur wheat. It was from A F ages ago and flavoured with tomato and herbs, the two went well together, even better I have a dish of both in the fridge for another day.
I would have liked some fresh thyme in there but my plant died on me, I must remember to look out for another.

I have made some more cushion covers, still the same pattern. I do want to make the smaller square version, I have the plain fabric picked out but can not make up my mind as to the fronts.
The backs were made from a remnant that has been loitering for a few years.

 
I slipped a cushion pad in this one, just to check the size. The fabric comes from a giveaway that I won a good while ago from Vickie at More Stars in Comanche. I loved it all so much that I have only started to use it this winter.

 
This print was a fat quarter that I have been hoarding as well, I also have the same print on a navy background. 

 
This little flaming print is also one of my favourites, I have it in bright pink as well.
 



 
And last but not least is the backing fabric, I can not for the life of me remember where it came from.
 
I am taking Maggie shopping tomorrow so there will not be a deal of sewing done. I will have to vacuum through and flash the polish about a bit. I did manage to get a load of washing on the whirligig for a while, it did not get dry but will take a little less time in the tumbler. I do not grudge the cost of running it as my ironing has shrunk dramatically.
 
My Poncho is demanding some serious attention now so it is,
 
      TTFN                                                                    Pam
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Pam, those cushions are fab. Can I see an 'envelope' closure on the back? I do struggle with zips a bit... The red, white and blue fabric is especially gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the cushions have envelope backs, I can put zips in but at the price they are would rather not.

      Delete
  2. I love the flamingo fabric. Very nice cushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my last piece of the turquoise, I have some bright pink but I will use that for something for Kaitlin probably.

      Delete
  3. Lovely cushions Pam. I see some festive ones in some Christmas type fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small stack of Christmas cushions that will go out at the beginning of that week.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.