Followers

Sunday 7 December 2014

Slow Slow Sunday

I have had a really lazy day, Ben had his walks, the kitchen and bathroom had their usual whizz round and I cooked brinner. That is breakfast cum dinner, I did not fancy a roast or anything at all really, so I had a rootle through the fridge. Result, 2 sausages, a few rashers of bacon, some chestnut mushrooms and some free range eggs. I opened a tin of baked beans, we are going for a full on truck stop meal here.

I cut a thinnish slice of fruit bread, cut it into 4 and when the bacon was crisp, tossed them in them in the pan of bacon fat. Sounds disgusting bit it was very good, dinner for 2 in 20 minutes and very little cost.
I also found a few Maris Piper potatoes lurking in the cupboard so made a few chips. It was a quick, easy and tasty meal. It does not sound overly healthy but I made a fruit salad which rounded the meal off perfectly. I put a red grapefruit in it and it was lovely and sharp.

I mentioned my cushion and a new book yesterday.

 
This is the book, I had a quick flick through and spotted this.
 
 
 
 
 
A while ago I read about these on a blog and thought that it was a wonderful idea, new that it would be perfect for me as I constantly lose things under bits of fabric. I looked up patterns and then did nothing about it, this book has woken me up. I think it is a must for me.
 
 
 
Now this book has been sitting on the shelf, unopened and ignored for a while. I got it down a few days ago and flicked through it. Found this and fell for it.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I really like the version with smaller squares but decided to try the simple one first. I dug out some fabric and it has sat on the cutting mat for a couple of days. This afternoon I spent 20 minutes at the machine and made this.
 

 
 
 
 
I had a small cushion form that needed a cover and I am pleased with it. The colour looks good against the ripple. It was a very fast make and I have already pulled the fabrics to make the other version. I do like making cushions and as I have 2 sofas to fill it is a good thing.
 
Now I am going to get on with my crochet, I have done 17 rounds on the poncho now and it is looking good.
 
        TTFN                                                                 Pam
 
 
 



10 comments:

  1. that chair back caddy is a brilliant idea. I have been running up a craft caddy and a couple of bags as Christmas gifts. The house looks like bomb has hit it, threads, pattern pieces and off-cuts everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, I had a good clear round once I put the Christmas fabric away, my carpet looked like an abstract painting.

      Delete
  2. Like the look of those cushions. I have had a very productive weekend. Some Christmas gifts - laminated cotton aprons for grandbabies and one tiny one to match for dolly, 2 Kindle cases, 2 laminated cotton/terry bibs and teeny fleece baby hat for Next year's new grandbabies. I have more to do but I think this week I may treat myself to some selfish sewing and make a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so satisfying to have a good sewing session and look at the pile of lovelies. I try to make most of my presents, my next make for myself will probably be a skirt. I quite fancy drawing a pattern up for a full circle with side seam pockets.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Pam. I am going to get daring in 2015 and for once and for all learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, be aware that it is addictive though.

      Delete
  4. I got my copy of that Debbie Shore last week - I'm keeping it as my Christmas present to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like her books and the tutorials are very good, I have watched a few and have her bookmarked. I admit to having had a quick look through the stash, I am thinking of the chair caddy, one each for Junior and Kaitlin will be first I feel.

      Delete
  5. We had sausage, bacon , egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans, and toast, for a brunch on Saturday it was lovely, we don't have it that often it was a lovely treat. As my sewing isn't that good I thought I would try and have a go at envelope cushion covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make envelope closures on most of my cushions, it is so much cheaper than buying zips. Plus I struggle to match colours, I do like to quilt the fronts though it makes them look so much softer.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.