Followers

Friday 16 January 2015

A weekend Scrap Buster

Just popped in to say that I am sorting at least 2 scrap bins to start this mile a minute patchwork. I have been sewing scraps to a paper foundation on and off for years and have sometimes used a square of fabric as a base. I have looked at a few sites and realised that this may well be a way for roaring through some scraps.

I will be busy out of the rain and wind, snug in my sewing room. Tomorrow I am off to see the grands in Cardigan and plan a side trip to Lampeter to visit Calico Kate. I have printed off the first block of The Fat Quarter Shops Snapshots Quilt Along. They are making it in Sail Away, the new collection from Bonnie and Camille. The kit is available for pre order but I aim to get each block done as it comes out so will shop locally for my fabrics. Most will come from the stash but there are a few gaps in my low volume fabrics. You may have noticed that my colour choices are a bit loud. This will be a Charity Quilt so I want to keep cost as low as I can, the back will be pieced from stash and probably scrappy.

On a equally positive note I have found a fabric shop in Brecon so will be going there as soon as the weather perks up.

Right, I am off, I must do some housework this morning.

TTFN                                                        Pam

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are keeping busy .. isnt it cold and damp .. roll on spring.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a little taste of things to come today, a few hours of sun and blue skies, I even got the washing almost dry outside.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the perfect plan for Wintery weekend
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect for me, I don't mind this weather at all.

      Delete
  3. Ooh! Where is the Brecon fabric shop, please?
    Jenni ( nr Rhayader!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbins has a web site. bobbindofbrecon.co.uk I will look for iw as soon as the weather is warmer.

      Delete
    2. That should read bobbinsofbrecon.co.uk

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I have been wondering where I could find a real fabric shop without trekking of to Shrewsbury again. Will jump on the bus next week for a look round.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.