Followers

Sunday 29 March 2015

A day out and more stitchy fun.

Saturday dawned grey, windy and wet. Ben and I splashed round our usual walk route and came home dripping.
We pootled through a few hours, a few chores done, a little email sifting and a quick flick through my blog list. Then it was time to go to Cardigan, both James and Cerys work Saturday mornings so we wanted to arrive for 1: 00.
On the way we had rain, sun, fog, more rain and finally light cloud with a little sunshine and a light breeze when we arrived.
After a cuppa James had his birthday gifts, late but still enjoyed. Junior and Kaitlyn had a few things that I had both made and picked up very reasonably in Lidl. The shark pencil case went down a treat, Kaitlyn wants a pink one.

We arrived home around 7:30 and Ben had a meal and copious amounts of tea was drunk. Before we retired with exhaustion I picked out a couple of fabrics.

 
This came from Debbie Shore, she has a web site set up now and is selling some lovely fabrics and various sewing and quilting things.

 
I do not remember where I bought this, it is bolder in the flesh, the flash has washed the colour. The skirts will be in the post to Kaitlyn first thing in the morning.
 
I washed the "free" fabrics that came with the magazine, they all shrunk but not evenly. They also washed up very thin and flimsy, I sprayed one bit with starch to give it a bit of body and cut these out.

 
It really was time wasted, the fabric frayed as soon as I touched it and did not push out well at all. I will not use these for my original idea but will put them on something that will not need washing very often, perhaps a lampshade.
 
We had rain and high wind all night, the rain has all but gone although the wind is still howling through the valley.
 
I have a Cottage Pie ready to go in the little oven, with diced carrot and swede and some cauliflower all ready to steam, the topping is potato and leek.
 
My local shop sells fresh meat, good quality and excellent value for money. I bought 2 packs of Chicken drumsticks for £2, they have been simmered in chicken stock, cooled and the meat is all off the bones, just under 750 gms. The skin and gristly bits along with a little meat will find it's way into Ben's dish. The stock will make tasty soup for during the week, I picked some leeks in Aldi for 29p a pack of 3. Leek and potato soup, and Chicken, ham and leek pasta bake on the menu.
 
Now it is time to get the oven and steamer on, not forgetting the kettle.
 
                   TTFN                                             Pam

13 comments:

  1. Well done you, I love the Scottie dogs, shame the fabric wasn't great. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make some more from my stash, I see Kaitlyn in a dress with a row of them round the hem.

      Delete
  2. I love those fabric dogs you have cut out! Hope you don`t mind that I saved your pic so I can make similar fabric dogs in the future for some of little Alyssa`s clothing or even to sew onto a wall hanging for her room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like a copy of the template, if so drop me an email with your address and I will get one off to you.

      Delete
  3. love all the fabric choices so fun and pretty. Glad the shark went down well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a slight manic moment when Kaitlyn grabbed it and tried to wrest if from Juniors hands. Luckily it was over in seconds.

      Delete
  4. Pam you are a wonderful grandmother, the children will always remember the beautiful things you see for them xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leisha, they certainly look forward to see what I take with me when I visit.

      Delete
  5. What pretty little skirts. A shame about the freeby material but perhaps not too surprising. At least you have thought of a use for it.

    You have some very frugal meal ideas there. I did a huge pan of Cabbage soup yesterday for my lunches this week, though I had to freeze 1/3 of it or I'd never get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely frugal meal ideas there. I made a huge pan of cabbage soup yesterday, but had to freeze a big tub or I'd never get through it all - lunches for the next few days.

    What pretty little skirts you have made. My girls loved things like that when they were small - ra-ra skirts were they? Shame about the freeby material but it hasn't gone to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How annoying with the fabric, I love 100 % cotton for little projects, you can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little skirts are adorable, shame there are no tinies in my life to make for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam those little skirts are so cute, clever you.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.