Followers

Sunday, 21 June 2015

On A Roll, not a Swiss or Jelly. Productive

Good Morning, I have just popped in to say that the Scrappy Trip quilt top is done, I have even machined round the edge so it is ready to go on the frame.
The Scrappy Log Cabin quilt has had the binding hand stitched down and will be on my bed tomorrow, lush.
My completed quilt tops have been dug out and measured, that is another 4 backings to find. 
There are 2 stacks of quilt blocks out and waiting to be sorted into rows and columns and my new Scrap Vortex which is still in its infancy. 
I did happen to glance through an Eleanor Burns book while drinking my tea earlier and am toying with cutting another Trip Quilt, strip pieced this time, I have my Seasonal (too early for the C word) gift list up and have allocated most of them a quilt, but there are still a few blank spaces.
My thinking about ploughing through these has absolutely nothing to do with my visit to the NEC in August, how could you even consider it.
It may, however be connected to my spotty shopping trolley. It is to make it easier to carry mountains of fabric  less likely for me to lose anything that I may happen to buy. I took the advice from Dawn, Doing it for ourselves in Wales, I was going to use an old one. When I got it out of  Harry's place, AKA the cupboard under the stairs or The Glory Hole, it had a very wobbly wheel and a decided list to Starboard. I found a glorious one for less than £15 and those kind peeps from the Big River sent it to me within 24 hours, for free!
I will share a photo on my next post, now I am of to load the frame, Woo Hoo.

         TTFN                                                             Pam

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you amaze me how quickly you make such glorious quilts . You have very lucky peeps who receive your beautiful quilts and other sewn items .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only quick because i need so little sleep.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you ave a shopping trolley for your trip it will make life easier and less likely to lose bags my rule is when the trolley is full its time to stop shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I not just add an extension?

      Delete
  3. You are busy, it will soon be August, can't wait to see if you purchase anything, and what it would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is preordained that I will be buying, who knows what though.

      Delete
  4. Mine's pink with white spots. My shopping trolley, of course.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bum, just realised that I forgot to take a photo. I looked at lots of colours and patterns but love red and white polka dots.

      Delete
  5. Your trolley will definitely come in handy at the quilt show to carry mountains of goodies. You can also use it to run over people who get in your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intending to use it as a battering ram, to get where I want to be fast.

      Delete
  6. Nobody bats an eyelid at shopping trollies nowadays. They are a marvellous invention. It's a wonder you don't find any waterproof fabric and make your own!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried sewing with oil cloth and do not like it, nasty slimy slippery stuff. I would rather sew with parachute silk.

      Delete
  7. You are all set for a perfect weekend of fabric immersion. I envy you. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to walk through the doors as they open and leave when I am thrown out.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.