Followers

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Spam, Spam and Spam no chips or egg

Just a little reminder that I have Comment Moderation set up, I detest Luncheon Meat and Spam of any kind, it all gets the "file it under R for Rubbish" treatment.

I enjoyed my visit to Saundersfoot yesterday, it is to Tenby what Sheringham is to Cromer. A smaller and quieter place and very charming.





I only took 2 pics, there were lots of floral displays but loads of people milling round.

I found a shop selling sweeties old and new, I just had to buy a Sherbet Fountain or 2.
I picked up 6 deluxe Coffee Creams, a gift, and a fridge magnet and coaster to go with them.
I love Coffee Creams but after fish and chips could not even face a sniff, and an ice cream was so out of the question.



I have made a start on the quilting, it is going better than I expected. I watched a few U Tube videos, The Crafty Gemini has several good ones out. She floats the top and batting rather than winding them onto rails, I will try that on my next one.


I am just "drawing" swirls and loops while I get the feel of it, you can see them on the quilt backing. I have a set of pantographs which I will try a few quilts down the line.

It is a learning curve for me and I am enjoying it, I have had a few tangles and managed to break 2 needles. Then realised that I had the wrong plate in the machine. More haste, Less speed.
It was soon put right and I will be doing more tomorrow. I would like to push on and finish it tonight but do not want to make my shoulders ache. Been there, Done that.

We have had a grey drizzle filled day and the garden breathed a sigh of relief and contentment, oh, perhaps that was me.

           TTFN                                             Pam




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is exactly what I said, they also had the Dib Dabs but I never liked those.

      Delete
    2. Anyone remember licorice bootlaces, or Spanish wood?

      Delete
    3. I loved the bootlaces, and the sweet tobacco but not the sweet cigarettes. Spanish Wood is a new one to me. Rats Tails and Black Jacks, Rainbow Sherbet and Gob Stoppers. I wonder what chemicals we were stuffing our faces with, but weren't they great.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. It sounds like someone has been trying to use your comment section for thier own purposes. Even new to this blogging and I have moved a couple into the Spam area. I like the idea of Coffee Creamers as gift-never thought of that. I'm a no sweet coffee kind of gal, but I can think of a dozen people thay would like than a gift of candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They went down a storm and are no more. That is why I only bought the 6. I will not subject readers to a diet of spam so moderate all comments.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is stunning, woke up to light rain here, it should pass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, it is a clear and sunny day here and looks set to remain so. I will be visiting this afternoon and quilting later, should finish today and then make the binding before loading another on the frame.

      Delete
  4. It sounds as though you had a great day out! Hope you are enjoying your quilting, it looks great. Sorry about the s p a m it is real pain in the you know what isn't it. That is why I moderate too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great day out and my quilt is done, well I have to slip stitch the binding down. Spam means nothing to me (Oh Vienna) but I do not see why anyone should be faced with it.

      Delete
  5. Your quilting machine blows my
    Mind!!
    The spam comments I get are quite hilarious! My Tarzan post gets the most hits !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel confident enough with the Frame Quilting now to put a quilt on for gifting. I love the process and am now lusting after a Sweet 16 long arm machine, it will remain a dream. I need to check out that post.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.