Followers

Sunday 2 August 2015

24 Hours Later

My day yesterday was nothing like the planned one, in fact it really did not happen at all.
 I woke at around 6:00 with a stonking headache, a cup of tea and a walk with Ben seemed to make it worse. So more tea and 2 Parrotseatemall and an hours lie down ...................No good, nothing, still had a blacksmith pounding on an anvil behind my eyes.
I had to wait 2 hours before I could take one of my strong painkillers and then within 15 minutes it was sweet oblivion.
I woke late afternoon, feeling groggy but no pain, and saw that it had been raining. Ben was curled up beside me, also feeling no pain, in fact he seemed to be in 7th heaven.

We hauled ourselves off the bed, I had a run through the shower while Ben had an amble through the garden. A cuppa and a walk, dinner for Ben and a dish of rice salad from yesterday for me. I livened it up with some chopped up cold sausage and some chilli sauce.
More tea and another walk and we settled down on the sofa for some mindless telly. Then off to bed where I slept like a bump on a log. 24 hours gone, nothing to show for it, nothing achieved and I am not going to angst about it at all. I was very busy all week, it was very sunny for most of it and my body sent me a message that I listened to.
Today I feel great, Ben is still on the bed, pretending to be asleep, and all is well with my world.
The garden looks freshly washed and polished in the sunshine. I am going to look for a workbench, the old one was not worth bringing from Tydd, as it will be needed for the wood work planned for the back garden. Raised beds, a bench, some fencing etc etc.
The rain has made the new plants look very perky and of course I am impatient to see the beds filled with roses. I will just have to suck it up, they are coming as bare root plants in the autumn, along with the perennials. Not forgetting the  free bulbs, all 300 odd of them.
That's all for today, I am off to shower and then winkle Ben out for a walk.
                         TTFN                                        Pam

Just a note to say that while enjoying my breakfast I had the telly on BBC One Wales. They showed the marvelous Tom Daley winning his place in Rio, then the idiot commentator said " Try this at home on your sofa" Did he not realise that at 8:45 young children would probably be watching with parents. I could just see Junior leaping on to the sofa to try it out. I went straight on to the BBC Complaints site and sent my grievance off, I asked for a reply 
which can take up to 15 days, I will be sharing it here.
What do you think, was it irresponsible or am I over reacting?

27 comments:

  1. Here's hoping today is definitely better than yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that matters is you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you say, Pam, your body was telling you it needed a rest. We should listen to our bodies more often. My aching shoulder is telling me I've been doing too much crocheting and need to lay off it for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting better at listening, and then acting.

      Delete
  4. You poor thing re your headache. Good you are all over it now . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam glad you are feeling better today, we all have those days, sometimes you have to just go with the flow and do what your body is telling you to do, a good rest like that does us all good. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate just sitting around but slept through it.

      Delete
  6. Hey Pam, I'm glad you are better x I think you were correct to fire off that email. I'm betting you'll get a standard response. Blooming idiots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an acknowledgement and will wait for a proper response.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you lost a day but better to have a day off and rest rather than grind to halt and need weeks to recover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not too awful, I have been busy since.

      Delete
  8. Glad you're feeling better today Pam. Sleep is a good cure for a lot of ailments. I suffer from fatigue amongst other things and it isn't unusual for me to have a nap every day, sometimes lasting two hours. I feel better when I wake up, but I wouldn't say I'm raring to go, I just feel a bit more human.

    I don't blame you for sending that e-mail. Some news reporters and presenters sometimes say the most stupid things and I'm sure they don't put their brain into gear before opening their mouths.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now 2 days on and have to say that I still feel the benefit of my sleepy day. I have knocked lots of things of my "to do" list

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you needed a duvet day, not surprising after all your hard work! I'm so glad you're feeling better, migraines are awful. Take care and try not to over do it!
    Sue X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you took the day off. It was good for you. I don't understand about the TV announcer, but I am sure glad you voiced your opinion. It's awful, the crap we see on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV here is getting worse in lots of areas but I tend to watch factual programs and some crime and thriller stuff.

      Delete
  11. Hello Pam,
    I've had down time due to sickening migraine,it's been very muggy weather up North.My dog is a champion sleeper on the bed when he gets the chance.
    I love your hard work and vision for the rear and front gardens.
    Pace yourself Pam!
    Best wishes,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think I had a migraine, but it may have been. The gardens are growing just as I want them to, it doesn't always happen.

      Delete
  12. I hope that you are all recovered now. Somehow I find that any sort of "head pain" is always worse than anything else isn't it. Take care of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine now thank you, I agree with the pain thought. I am not sure if ear or tooth ache is the worst.

      Delete
  13. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day. It can be frustrating not being able to get on with what you had planned, but you did the wise thing and looked after yourself. Trying to struggle on may have made it last longer.
    I've been suffering from a touch of vertigo recently which slows me right down.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reaping the benefits now, I have loads of energy. I am getting excited about my trip to the Quilt Festival now. I have never had vertigo, thank goodness, some of the roads here have a drop of what seems like miles down beside them.

      Delete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear that you were so poorly at the weekend. Hope you feel much better now.
    I agree with you about sending the email. TV has a lot to answer for x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.