Followers

Tuesday 22 December 2015

A little light relief.

Well it is almost upon us and judging by the panicky shoppers in Swansea yesterday it has come as a great surprise to many.

I went along with friends, as a trolley pusher and a "can you reach that" assistant.
They had to go into the town and decided to visit Forest Fach , it was pandemonium inside Tesco's.
I heard one woman ask her Daughter(?) if they had enough fresh cream, and the response was " F*** knows get 2."
I found the leaf gelatine that I wanted and my companions got a few things and then said that the place was giving them bad heads and should we go back to Pontardawe? I was sooo pleased.
We got out fast and in Ponty it was heaven, few peeps, no rush, no scrum down and you could see the shelves. I had their shopping in the trolley, through the tills and in the car in record time.

I took a friend into Neath this morning, my regular Tuesday mission, all was quiet there also, lovely. I only have an hour to kill so had a little saunter around Magic and Sparkle. Big Bonus, lots of their goodies were on sale at half price, nothing that I needed or wanted but I spotted a scented candle in a gold jar for  Maggie and a bag of gilded pot pourri, two things that she loves. These will be a little house warming gift for her.

Fran will be here tomorrow and I am getting excited, she is half hoping to get snowed in till the New Year. Naughty Girl.

I am all set, there are more decorations up this year but not too many, I may have to drag the rest out once Fran looks over them as she does like it to be a bit on the loud side.


My £1 arrangement looking good.




The Round of Robins has a little sparkle.


as does the telly stand.


Even the window has a little glitter.


The stairs have not escaped


Santa is there, poised. I hope he keeps away from that candle.



My new shelf has been taken over, EyeOre looks reasonably happy or should that be less sad than usual

 .

Fran's stocking waiting to be stuffed.


Finally my model has a garland and some lights.

I hope that Ben keeps his wits about him or Fran may just tinsel him up.

I do not expect to be back till the 25th, I have some swap gifts to open and want to share them.

BTW did anyone else see that Jeremy Vine has been reported for using the phrase "man flu" on air. Luckily someone  at the Beeb had the common sense to dismiss it.

Strictly stirred up lots of controversy again, the viewers cast the final vote and like it or not that is it. The 3 remaining finalists were very closely matched and at the risk of being slated I have to say that I am rather pleased that Katie and the berk were not among them.

I wish you all a peaceful Christmas and a healthy New Year.



                  TTFN                                     Pam

21 comments:

  1. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Although I think Fran may be unlucky with the wish for snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she is unlucky, much as I love her being here I do not want to be snowed in.

      Delete
  2. I don't intend to go to the shops again for awhile. The amount of food people are buying makes me wonder how long the shops are shut for. I wouldn't want some of the shopping bills when you look at some of the trollies waltzing around the supermarket. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, your home and décor is certainly welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the super large trolleys piled high, they must have the whole family round.

      Delete
  3. I have started putting out a few seasonal things, I am a less is more person these days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep Fran reigned in otherwise I would find myself on News at 10.

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about Strictly, I like Anton, but I think that the final three were the right ones. Not sure what is wrong with saying man flu, so I am off to investigate! I hope that you have a good Christmas and don't need to head to the shops any more! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Anton but they were not good enough.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for posting this year, you often inspire me to get off the sofa and sew, sew, sew! Best wishes for 2016 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I just found your blog, I will be back soon.

      Delete
  6. Oh Pam.....it was me who kept voting for Anton - it was a sympathy vote though as I thought he deserved it after suffering Anne Widdecombe and Nancy D'Olio - poor bloke! I also voted for Jay on the night too - (I couldn't stand the screaming banshee from East Enders) Can't understand the issue with him saying 'man flu' - it's well known that some men believe it truly exists!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not mind Anton really, he just seemed so smug throughout this years Strictly. I hope that he does get on as a judge if Len retires. He has a wealth of experience. Some men may think that Man flu exists, every woman knows for sure that it does.

      Delete
  7. I love that festive response to the family member " **** knows get 2". Aren't some people lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put it down to stress, although many people use that language as a matter of course these days

      Delete
  8. Your house is looking lovely, and not long now till Fran arrives (Tam got here last Saturday).

    I hope you will have a lovely Christmas and perhaps we could get together for a Crafternoon in the dark days of January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to make firm plans, it would be lovely.

      Delete
  9. Equally restrained Pam and looking absolutely gorgeous X Hope my card to you landed. If we don't see you before, I hope it's just brilliant xx Merry Christmas X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Pam your first paragraph made me laugh. I also read it to my mum who laughed. I am happily ensconced in my sisyetsbeutiful home in the lush hinterlands of the Sunshine Coast. I went past Steve Irwins Zoo and I thought of you. I know you are going to make it there. It is warm, green and beautiful here. I have had a swim and summer is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you my dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you're ready have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorations are looking pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, there is a lot of language flying around at the minute! We had some panic gift shoppers at the charity shop yesterday, we sold some lovely bric a brac, and made someone very happy when we confirmed we did have a cake stand for sale!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.