Followers

Sunday 13 December 2015

Sunday Snippets



I have had lots of fun today making something, the recipient reads the blog so I can only show a snippet.


It really should have been in different colours but, in full on selfish mode, I went ahead and pulled some light and pretty prints. I further indulged myself by making some of my favourite HST,s up and a larger block. I beg forgiveness in advance, once it arrives at it,s destination.

I did find a 30p bunch of lilies, they are filling the room with their perfume. Not as ostentatious as the blue were but just as lovely.


My sewing room now has some new wall mounted shelving, this will resolve the stuffed full bookshelves. I am not sure what I will do once the walls are full ;D

The weather here has been grey and damp but at least the wind has shoved off. Ben does not like it at all, he is so little that he has to bop down for a wee otherwise he is lifted off his feet.

I have a massive pot of beef and vegetable stew on the simmer and have made dumpling mix (just have to add the water) to go with it. There will be cabbage as well, enough to feed 2 tonight and some for 'ron in the week. I am having a good go through the house before Fran arrives, once she is here it will be the bare minimum of housework.

I am still undecided about puddings, a trifle for sure but am torn between cheesecake and meringue. It is all the fault of Rachel*sweet toothed* Radiostar, showing her cake on her blog, it was nearly enough to send me after the Maple Syrup and a straw. I had planned on cheesecake, but now.......perhaps I could make both.

I am off now, I am well behind on my blog reading and see a cosy evening in the corner of the sofa, tea at hand, and maybe a cookie or three. I have to have the corner as Ben sprawls all over the rest.

                                 TTFN                                     Pam


12 comments:

  1. Ooh I am wondering what you've made and am jealous you have a sewing room :o) I read Rach's post and saw her cake too. I'd go with cheesecake as a second (there's a recipe on my blog for salted caramel cheesecake which is delish, from 2-3 days ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes indeedy, I saw, I copied and I intend to make it. My sewing room is really the dining room, there is a table in there, it usually has the overlocker and a cutting board on it. The frame is also in there. Now that the sewing station is folded down and slid up to the wall there is plenty of room to set the table up.

      Delete
  2. I have had another day in the cabin finishing off bits and bobs, I even got round to putting up some grid wall for hanging scissors and things on, dinner is in the oven and I feel a little shattered :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not be dragging the cabinet out for a few weeks now. If I have to sew I will set up a small machine on the table. I have hung my scissors with my rulers and rotary cutters for now but a grid sounds just the job.

      Delete
  3. The stew and dumplings sound good, always a great winter warmer. Trifle is one of our favourite go to deserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind trifle but prefer fruit salad.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I wonder what you've sewn? The colours are lovely. Gorgeous flowers too and a bargain price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be sending it off tomorrow, all may be revealed in due course. I have been picking up bargain flowers for several weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just imagining poor Ben getting blown away with one leg up in the air made me smile. My retriever Bruno does girlie wees most of the time even though he goes in the forest every day and is spoilt for choice when it comes to trees. Me SIL says he is a big wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone is going to be lucky. Yesterday I went to the markets with my beautiful smaller tote you made me. A young person and his mother both complimented me on my beautiful patchwork bag. I said a lovely friend in Wales made it for me. Thank you again Pam xxx ps Xmas in Auatralia with my family always involves a large pavlova with mango and summer fruits . Lush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like my grid wall! I clip small quilts to it, hang tools off it, even have some brackets so I can have a shelf or two. Can I vote for cheesecake too - any flavor will do!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.