Followers

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Keeping close to home.

For home read sofa, it has been lashing down and blowing hard for the past 2 days. Ben has gone for the smallest walks ever and as soon as possible has slammed his brakes on and turned for home.

I have pottered about a bit in the house, kept the ironing basket empty and the soup pan full. The last batch was my standard mix of veg, a can of chopped tomatoes and one of chickpeas, home made stock and some seasoning. This time I used cumin and turmeric with a little Harissa, it was lovely. Warm and spicy with no burn, I was going to freeze some but it is in the fridge and will be lunch every day till it is gone.

I have finished the Big Rib hat, Jooles from Sew Sweet Violet had one on her last podcast, it is so warm I will be making another soon. Then last night I planned a rest from knitting but within 30 minutes my fingers were twitching. A quick rummage and AHA, 3 x 50g balls of Drops Alaska in colour no.53, a lightish burgundy, were discovered and another Antler toque was cast on. The ribbing is finished and I will be starting the pattern later today. I usually knit my hats on 16" circulars but have cast this on straights. When you get to the decreases you have to change to either dpns or a longer circular for magic loop. My straights were close to hand so I plumped for them, I don't mind seaming a hat at all.

Apart from walking Ben I have nothing on the agenda for today. I may get most of the new hat done. Hopefully the results from last weeks tests will be through, I will call and check. Our surgery group are notoriously slow at getting back with any results.

Dinner last night was a very lazy scrambled eggs on toast, it was all that I fancied. Tonight I have some roast chicken to use up, so possibly a pasta dish.

In preparation for a mainly non shopping December I have a list drawn up of all cleaning/toiletries/non-perishables and freezer filling foods. The plan is to raise my stock levels to last well into January. I have a small pile of things for the charity shop so will be "killing 2 birds with 1 stone" and making a round trip of it.

You may have noticed my lack of comments on Strictly, when Daisy went and that Bouncing Ball stayed my heart went out of it. As there is a planned shuffle of judges for next year perhaps they should have a long hard look at the voting system.

I am looking forward to Sewing Bee next year though, I have enjoyed every minute of each series. Even the more outlandish challenges are good to watch and I have picked up lots of ideas and tips.

I am still watching podcasts, I saw the last 2 from Little Yellow Uke yesterday and quite enjoyed them. BUT how does she get so much done in a week? She cannot possibly go to work and must eat once a day. I salute her, but could not emulate her. I need a break every now and then and have to move around and stretch a few different muscles, never mind the creaky joints.

On that note I better rootle Ben off the sofa and get us both wrapped up for a walk.

                    TTFN                                                 Pam

4 comments:

  1. Strictly has me angrily shouting at the TV, I think I may have to stop watching. What part of dance competition do the public not understand???? Soup sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a good chance that the Strictly final will see a bouncing Ball starring in it. After this year's Brexit/Trump, anyone could win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind seaming a hat either. In fact I sometimes (read most of the time)prefer to do so.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame Ben for not wanting to go out! Fingers crossed you get sorted at the docs soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.