Followers

Thursday 17 November 2016

Still going round in circles.

Knitting circles that is, the socks are off the needles, and will probably be on feet soon as the recipient loved them.
I cast on the first Antler Toque, love that word, and have done the ribbing and the first pattern repeat, I found 100g of superwash merino Aran tucked  away and will make it enough for the hat. I think that it was from a bag of oddments that I bought years ago in a closing down sale.

Archie and Dolly went back yesterday afternoon and the house went suddenly quiet. They didn't make a lot of noise but were very busy and often had a 5 minute of madness, rushing round play fighting and sofa diving. Ben just sighed and turned his back upon them. He did have a long snooze after they had gone and then demanded attention and fusses.

I could not make my mind up over dinner, I batch cooked some pasta sauce for the freezer but just didn't fancy it. In the end I chopped up some crunchy salady bits and had it with smoked cheese and granary bread. It was just what the doctor ordered, tonight I quite like the idea of a cottage pie, a one pot wonder with all the veg nestled under some mash.

Hopefully today will see the last of the blood tests and ECG,s, all the other bloods have been fine and this one is just a bit of "belt and braces" double check.

Apart from the vestiges of the cough, and the night sweats I am feeling pretty good. I wouldn't sign up for a marathon though.
I am yet to try getting pictures on here, I just haven't had the patience for it, but really must try soon.

I didn't have such an early start this morning, it was gone 5 when I oozed out of my sweaty pj's and into the shower. A brew made and a little sit down with Sandra of Cherry Heart and her latest podcast. Then a little pottering around blogland and now I am off to sling a load of washing into the machine before making more tea.

I hope that your day goes well wherever you are.

                     TTFN                                         Pam


12 comments:

  1. I settled for egg and chips last night, it was gong to be a chicken and chirozo omelette but fancied egg and chips, have to pop out this morning take care the weather is on the turn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like egg and chips with some mushrooms on the side and a drizzle of tomato sauce.

      Delete
  2. I really admire anyone who knits socks, they just seem so fiddly to me. But then I can't knit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first pair were nothing to write home about but each pair is easier.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it great when you find just the right thing to eat. I am in a bit of a cooking funk at the moment after cooking three times a day for hubby since he came out of hospital and I am totally sick of thinking what to have.
    Hope today goes well-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I had a houseful to cook for I had days when my mind went blank. I used to open my own recipe book at random and do whatever it was.

      Delete
  4. I have acquired a nasty bug - it went to my chest first and is now in my sinuses and what with the steroids and then dreadful earache and neuralgia I was still awake at 6 a.m. this morning. I can't go and see Trish until I am better, so I hope that is soon.

    You have made me think about knitting socks again (haven't for 4 years, and was self taught then). I was going to go for a casting on lesson with Dawn today, but can't, feeling as I am (deaf in both ears too). I may have a play around on my own, and that should keep me occupied on the sofa - if I can stay awake that is.

    Glad you seem to be slowly mending now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are really going through the wars, I hope that you turn the corner soon.

      Delete
  5. You make every little detail in your posts interesting to read. When I read your title I thought, I can relate to that, except I can't knit! :) Hope you keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just write whatever pops into my head, sometimes it is very much a throw it in and stir it up recipe but I don't change it.

      Delete
  6. Pam, what's an antler toque? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toque is what the Canadians call a knitted hat, with or without a bobble. The Antler refers to the pattern, free on Ravelry, by Tin can Knits. I am humming and hahing as to whether to knit the sweater pattern as well.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.