Followers

Friday 11 November 2016

Testing, Testing 1 2 3

I spent a large chunk of yesterday hooked up to an ECG machine, along with the other bits and pieces that were deemed necessary.

Reams of paper flowed like molten lava and various peeps looked and checked BP and pulse rate. I felt a bit like a new exhibition in a gallery.
The read out indicated where the problem lies and I have a follow up appointment later today. I hope that this, along with the results of previous tests, will mean that I get a diagnosis and a prognosis along with a course of treatment.

I did settle down with my knitting in the evening and the new sock is now long enough for me to start the heel. I do have the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern ( it still makes me chuckle) but much prefer the standard flap and gusset construction. This new pair is in a DK weight and will be boot socks, just the job for winter walking.

Jules, of Sew Sweet Violet, said in her first pod cast that knitting socks saved her when she was in a dark place.
They are certainly important to me right now, when I feel my breathing rate rise and after doing something, however small, I sit down and pick up my knitting.
30 minutes of gentle rounds see me calm and relaxed, of course a dogs head resting on my feet helps greatly.

I have another couple of pairs planned and then it will be a few hats, also knitted on circulars. Part of the appeal is knowing that there is no seaming lurking just round the corner, just two ends to weave in and "Job's a good un."

I am resolved to knitting from stash until I get over to Deb's Wool Shop, I have not bought any yarn for quite some time so a splurge may be in my near future.

On that note I have some patterns to look through, I do not want to waste these early mornings.

                           TTFN                                       Pam

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are being sorted out! Looking forward to seeing this fish lips thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well getting your results and a good treatment plan for your recovery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get sorted soon, glad to hear that they know what is wrong - always a relief

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful how some kind of craftwork can help calm you isn't it?
    Having said that I have done nothing at all while I have been nursing Andy. He is uite a demanding patient.
    Hope everything goes well at your appointment today-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are no longer a mystery. It always seems worse when the medical profession don't have the answers. Hope they sort you out and get you on the road to a full recovery. Take care.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been 'away' from Blogland for a few months, unable to get moving to either blog, or read other people's blogs, so have missed all the background to this story - I hope you are well and that the tests are part of positive management. Keep on craftin'! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that it's something easily treatable,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam fingers crossed your results are good and they can help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.