Followers

Sunday 11 December 2016

A Really Bright Day

This morning I woke to the sight of sun turning the mountain to burnished gold and a cloud of mist hanging in the valley bottom.
The temperatures have been above average here since the last frost, even if we have had some murky moments.
Ben was so happy to have his first walk, he positively bounces when the weather is to his liking. I did our loop walk today but went widdershins. This meant that I walked up the gentlest hill and down the slightly steeper one. Although I thought it a good idea I did not think far enough.
I have been warned that walking down a slope (and stairs) puts extra strain on the body, today it did not cross my mind.
Halfway down I had to hang onto a garden wall for a few moments and when I got back indoors I just collapsed onto the sofa. Heart pounding and gasping for air like a fish out of water.

All is fine now, a cuppa and some gentle knitting soothed mind and body.

Dinner is pork in a mustard sauce, I bought several of these months ago in Lidl when they were half price. Very easy and tasty but I do add a little whole grain mustard as I like it better with the extra crunch. I will serve it with a jacket potato and some cauliflower and carrots.
I have a few more half price things from Lidl in the freezer, Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket mostly. I bought one of each to try and then bought some as standby meals. With some homemade sauce they are very good, it is quite a while since Lidl did any of these half price promotions but they were good while they lasted.

I will not be joining the shoppers crushing through the crowds to buy goodness knows what at all. I hate crowds, they make me feel trapped, and to be brutally frank there are a lot of people out there who need to wash both themselves and their clothes more frequently. I was in Neath last week and went into the covered market, standing in a queue I was assailed by the smell of stale urine and had to flee before I vomited. I have quite a strong stomach but this was of eye watering strength.

While I am resting my kitchen is having a deep clean and some rearrangement. I like to do this at least twice a year but this time I am not up to it. Thank goodness I know a man who not only can but will, and with enjoyment.

On that note I am going back to my knitting, with another cuppa.
I hope that you are all enjoying your day.

                       TTFN                                    Pam


5 comments:

  1. So very scary, no more hills for you. And I know what you mean about smelly crowds, sometimes it's eye watering. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam that must have been very frightening. Please be careful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the weather is milder again after the frosts, I'm not a fan of cold weather. Eeek, I know the smells you mean, they make me feel quite nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are indeed some filthy folk out there. Also I've found good manners lacking too. Only a couple of weeks ago I was coughed on from above from a man queuing in the gangway to get off a train whilst I was seated. He actually sprayed me - no hand over mouth! Eugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst is sitting next to someone on an airplane who didn't shower for a few days and had neglected to change their undies. The next worst thing is sitting at the bulkhead and some numbskull takes off their sandals and puts their bare feet on the wall. I'd like to spray Lysol or Febreeze on them.
    Take care of yourself. Perhaps Ben can use his big brown eyes and convince someone to walk him until you get your lungs back.
    I know how you feel. I'm putting off going to the doctor.I did get a refill on my cough meds, and I have my trusty inhaler.
    Will you be making any Christmas socks? Since the weather has turned I've been wearing socks again.I guess I'll wander over to Target and see what they've got. Need some holiday colors for my anniversary trip to Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.