Followers

Monday 26 December 2016

A sad veil over the celebrations

Just a quick note to hope that you all had a wonderful day yesterday. 
We certainly did, all were relaxed and quiet on the whole. Much fun was had watching Rufus and Ben with their gifts, and the necessary exercise was had dog walking. Although the weather was not great no man, woman or dog got soaked, our timing (although serendipitous) was perfect.
Today the sun is shining and the dogs indicated that they would like a slightly longer walk first thing, just the ticket really, I did have a cheesy supper to walk off.

The news that Rick Parfitt  had left us on Christmas Eve was not really a shock, he had been seriously ill for some time. However the news flash, late evening on Christmas Day, that George Michael had joined the far too long list of lost entertainers this year was a great shock. He may not have lived the "perfect lifestyle" but, my goodness he has entertained us well for over 30 years.

I am looking forward to Fran coming home tomorrow, some of her favourite meals are planned and a little baking will happen this afternoon.

I am deliberating as the whether I want any lunch, I only managed a single cream cracker with my  tea this morning. I may just have an apple and see how we all feel about a slightly early dinner.

My Christmas Eve cast on was successful and I am about to knit the heel flap on the first sock. The pattern is a simple 5 row repeat, very quick to memorize. I have already picked yarn out for a second pair, a pale green hand dyed yarn that was a gift.

That's all for now, my tummy says it's time for a brew.

                      TTFN                                        Pam

12 comments:

  1. Oh Pam it was such a shock wasn't it to hear about George Michael. I didn't know about it until the very early hours of this morning. So sad.
    Glad that you had a lovely day yesterday-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also very shocked to hear about George Michael joined the list of singers and actors who left us this year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still reeling from the news, and then heard that Carrie Fisher had also left us.

      Delete
  3. I didn't hear about Rick, so sad I loved George and Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was devastated to hear about George Michael, add him to the great list of people who shaped music, David Bowie and Prince. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also very sorry to hear about George Michael. Such a great talent. I think I'll also be sticking to crackers, and maybe some soup and yogurt for the next few days. I've eaten far too much rich food since Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are almost having a repeat of Christmas now that Fran is home for a few days. January will see a vegan/vegetarian menu in this house, there will be no meat but I have cheese and eggs to use up.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow-I haven't had news or anything on, so just learned this from you now. I always feel bad for families of celebrities that die, and the coverage of every foible of their loved ones lives. May they both be allowed to rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a crazy year. I hope 2017 is better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And then this morning Carrie Fisher passed away after her severe heart attack last Friday. From what I've gathered, she was gone when the EMTS got to her and they had her on a ventilator at the hospital, but there was no brain activity. God rest her soul and may the Force be with her. Hope your Queen gets over her nasty winter cold as well. Maybe all the grands and great grands will cheer her up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her on TV just before she flew home, she was on fine form and talking about the next Star Wars movie.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.