Followers

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Guests and gifts




My lovely guest Rufus was taking a little rest after a long walk and a bit of a loony tune session with Ben and some toys. He went home last night and has left quite a gap.




 My Christmas Eve cast on is proving to be a very quick project.


The first sock is ready for the  Kitchener stitch joining. I do not like this at all and the only time that I attempted it was not tidy enough for me. However I will master this and will be avidly looking at some Youtoobing later.
The second sock is on the needles and half the ribbing is knitted.

I did have an embarrassingly large pile of gifts and wanted to share a couple with you.


My gorgeous new slippers, strands of yarn applied to the uppers make them perfect for me.



My yarn butler, I have been lusting for one of these for a while and am over the moon with it.


In fact I have it set up for my next pair of socks.

Francesca arrived safe and sound although shattered after her journey, 3 trains and a bus to get from Swindon to Neath. A dinner of homemade meatloaf followed by cherry cheesecake helped to get her back on track.

Roast Lamb tonight with the rest of the cheesecake to finish up.

More sad news, Liz Smith AKA Nana and Carrie Fisher have joined the list of losses for this year. Then we saw on the news that Richard Adams, who wrote the wonderful Watership Down, had also gone but at a grand age.

I am off to make a cuppa and perhaps sample a piece of mincemeat slice.

                   TTFN                                              Pam





19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are so comfy, they look a bit clunky but are very light.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful slippers.
    I can't wait for 2016 to be over. It's not been a very nice year at all-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on this year, I do have a Cardio Apt. for the end of January and will be happier once that has happened.

      Delete
  3. Rufus looks like such a sweetie pie. I bet you and Ben do miss him. Those are neat gifts. I too am ready to start a new year. 2016 has certainly not been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready for a new year, spring around the corner and watching as the garden comes back to life. Bring it on.

      Delete
  4. Envy directed at your yarn holder.

    I think the Plague Dogs was a superior work. Watership Downs, never could get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read Plague Dogs, I did have a copy but my youngest sister "borrowed" it and I never saw it again.

      Delete
  5. I learnt Kitchener stitch from an online video. It's tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a few and then followed one step by step this morning, it wasn't too bad but will be following the list on a comment as it is so simple.

      Delete
  6. I love the slippers, had slippers on my list but didnt get any will have to buy a new pair as my oldies are now an accident waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have 2 pairs, I always buy 2 at a time and wear them alternate days but the woolly ones may feature more often.

      Delete
  7. Hello Pam, I've just found your blog a few days ago and loved it. I'm a fellow sock knitter and also struggled with grafting for ages, kept on youtubing without much success but then I found this, sat down and made myself go through it word for word and Bingo!
    With right side facing, free end of yarn on right hand side of work, one needle in front and one in back, working right to left, and passing yarn under the needles back and forth between front and back as you go:
    1. Thread yarn through first st on front needle purlwise, then through first st on back needle knitwise

    2. Knitwise through first st of front needle and drop it off needle
    3. Purlwise through next front st and leave on needle
    4. Purlwise through first st of back needle and drop off needle
    5. Knitwise through next back st and leave on needle
    6. Repeat last 4 rows above til all sts are worked
    7. Knitwise through last front st and remove from needle, purlwise through last back st and remove from needle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I did watch a Very Pink knits tutorial this morning. I managed to graft the sock but she spoke so fast that I was on replay and pause many times. I am going to print your instructions out for reference, they are very clear.

      Delete
  8. Your slippers are really lovely and that yarn butler will be very handy. Isn't it great to receive gifts you really love. We've lost so many wonderful entertainers this year, very sad, and now Debbie Reynolds too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just struck dumb when that came up, she will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with her son and grand daughter.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous slippers! Did they come like that or has someone added the yarn? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came like it, I keep stopping to look at them.

      Delete
  10. SOunds like a wonderful Holiday. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.