Followers

Friday 9 December 2016

Snap, Crackle and Pop, Ouch

I have had 2 days of popping ears with intermittent stabbing pains, deep joy. Next Wednesday I am having them syringed, more joy.

Fingers crossed that it may solve the issue.

On another joyful note I had a letter from the University Health Board.
This is to let me know that I have been referred to see a Consultant in Cardiology. It also tells me that the current waiting time for an Initial appointment is up to 26 weeks.

I shall not be holding my breath then.

I feel pretty good most days and am being very careful, and I will need to carry on in that way.......for up to 26 weeks.
I can just imagine how devastated some one older and weaker than I would feel.

On  a happier note the multi-coloured socks are off the needles. I have not cast another pair on yet but the yarn and needles are beside me, ready for later. I have almost finished the ribbed hat, well I am almost up to the decrease length.

I nearly succumbed to temptation earlier, I had a little look into Betsy Makes Etsy shop. She has some home dyed yarn that I want want want. B U T I really do not need it and can not justify buying it.
Mind you after 3 more pairs of socks have been knitted it might be a different story.
Ben has had his bath and did his usual "swim" round the floor to dry off. He has 3 bath sheets and 2 bath towels and still manages to get under the coffee table to dry on the carpet. I am so happy that he is small spaniel size and not Labrador or (gulp) Newfoundland.

Roy Wood and Wizard are bouncing on Heart extra Christmas and the Pogues have been playing. I am enjoying these early festivities but hope that I don't fizzle out by the 22nd, like a damp squib.

I just popped in to say hello and enjoy your weekend as much as possible. Now I am off to make tea and decide what I would like to eat. Nothing too much or too soon I think, I had a ciabatta roll for lunch and it filled me to the brim.

                      TTFN                                              Pam



9 comments:

  1. I know all about long waits to see a cardiologist, I waited from February to November to see a cardiologist here. It would appear that after I have my MRI scan I will have to wait a month or more for the results.

    I simply do not know why they did not pick up the other heart problems when I had my pacemaker fitted 18 months ago.How much worse has it got as a result of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a 6 month wait is rather a long time. Hope your ears feel better next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your ears get sorted in time for you to enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cold we have had (it lasted a month . . .) had snap, crackle and pop ears and was HORRID. It wasn't a streaming nose sort of cold but a regular blowing one - for weeks! We are still blowing our noses because it was a sinus cold and sinuses must be larger than I thought. I hope you haven't got that on top of your ear-syringing type ears . . .

    Good luck with the knitting. I am so NOT craft-orientated at the moment - if it doesn't involve a paintbrush or a vacuum cleaner then it isn't happening here . . . viewing on the 19th. so it's panic stations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had very painful ears and popping prior to having them syringed try putting some olive oil in it softens the wax prior to getting them done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a long wait, I would go mad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy the weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really feel bad for you. Here in Indiana, I just made an appt. for a heart scan. If I need a mammogram, it can be done as a walk in. I can see a cardiologist in just days. But we dont have the security of health insurance for all and it costs a fortune. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh that sounds nasty. I hope the syringing cures it.
    Sorry you have such a long wait for your appointment.
    Just keep taking it easy.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.