Followers

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Playtime on a budget.



It was knit and Natter yesterday, there were not as many of us as usual, lots of natter, a fair bit of knitting and a very loooong cuddle with Sophie. Bliss.
Debs had a special offer on James C Brett,s Pulse, a new to me yarn with 53% superwash wool to 46%premium acrylic, a total snip at £2 for 100 grams. I came away with 600 grams in Pink, a sweater for Francesca is now on the needles. I have only just started it so no photo yet.


More blood tests this morning, and just like the late Tony Hancock, I am sure they took an armful.
I was certainly glad to get home and sit down with a cuppa, not to mention the coconut coated mallow cake (Lyons). A blast from the past, I was a young teenager the last time I had those. I remember buying them from Woolies biscuit counter in Norwich, then munching my way round the market via the brand new C & A.
Then it would be hot peas with mint sauce and chips before trekking down to Carrow Road for the match. I was a dyed in the wool Canaries fan, never missed a home game and got to all the away ones possible. When they were in the cup run one year I wore yellow and green from top to toe, in alternating colours. Left shoe green, left trouser leg yellow and so on. 


This is the latest pair of socks, one from the middle and one from the outside of the balls. Drops Fabel again and an afterthought heel.

The weather has been a mixed bag today, driving rain to start with then bright sun shine and now grey drizzle. At least it is much warmer today, Monday and Tuesday were very cold.

Dinner will be lentil bolognese, I made it yesterday so the flavours should have melded and deepened nicely, although it was pretty good when I tasted it before putting it in an ice water bath to cool.

Last night I watched a film on Amazon Prime, Miss Peregrines home for peculiar children. I am so glad that I didn't go to the cinema to see it, I was not sure what to expect but found it uninspiring. The second half was better but overall I was disappointed.

I have just noticed the time and need to get a wiggle on, pasta needs cooking and the sauce needs heating.

                        TTFN                                      Pam





12 comments:

  1. Fancy mentioning peas and chips with mint sauce....now I am going to have to make some...lol.
    I had never tried them until I met my husband and he took me to the Goose Fair in Nottingham where they are a local delicacy. I have been hooked ever since-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were just the job to warm us up before standing in the draughty City ground.

      Delete
  2. I loved the book, but was disappointed in the movie. There are sequel books and they are good also. Sometimes you just can't translate what goes on in the book to the screen.
    I went on Amazon looking for socks and found some wool ones that keep my feet nice and toasty when it's rainy out. We're looking at a very wet weekend and Friday night I have to drive out to my class in it. It's 25K away, and if it's stormy it'll take me a good 1 1/2 hours on the freeway. Since I'll be driving my mums SUV I might have to take my aux cable and plug the Kindle in to listen to an audio book. In my SUV I have bluetooth, so easy for a long drive.
    Stay warm and keep knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to look for the books, I am sure to find them on Amazon.

      Delete
  3. I do remember the coconut coated mallow cake, I could just eat one now that I am thinking about them. Love the new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid that they didn't last very long.

      Delete
  4. Your socks are gorgeous, I'm just starting my first attempt at socks!
    I had blood tests yesterday too, good luck with yours.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well and truly hooked on sock knitting, they are very addictive.

      Delete
  5. love those socks, I am going to try the afterthought heel next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to experiment with socks this year, there are so many options to try.

      Delete
  6. I know exactly what you mean in regards to that movie. I was so glad that I watched it on the tv box and not the theater.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try the books out, if I don't like them there is bound to be someone who does.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.