Followers

Saturday 18 February 2017

Post from America


Look what the Postie brought me yesterday, I 'fess up to just sitting, with it draped over my lap, and stroking it for a few moments.
A handmade full length vintage styled apron, all the way from America. The print is so cheerful and the fit is perfect.






Ties at neck and waist for a truly vintage feel and look.







The ric rac trim picks up a flower colour and every edge is finished with matching bias binding.

I am in love, now of course I want more, many more. I wear an apron at all times in the kitchen, I am a bit of a grub and tend to spill flour and splash water about my person.

There are some more things to show, from a different place, but I am still waiting for one delivery. As they are a group I will wait till all are present before sharing.

The day dawned warm and sunny here, consequently there is washing on the line. Kitchen and bathroom have enjoyed a good bottoming and the shower curtain had an early birthday.
Windows are thrown open and the whole house smells of fresh air, better than air freshener any day of the week.

Ben has had a couple of walks and has retired to the sofa, he is enthroned upon a heap of cushions and one of my shawls. That will teach me to put away not down, maybe.

I have made another pair of the green bed socks, they will be going to their new home on Tuesday. The shawl has seen a little attention but later I will be casting on the back of Francesca,s sweater. I will start a pair of socks as well, just for a change and to rest my hands from the 6 mm needles.

I think that is all for now, I checked my parcel and it was in Llanelli this morning, fingers crossed it my come this afternoon.

                     TTFN                                           Pam


19 comments:

  1. It has a very feminine look to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, more like a garment than a utility item.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely pinny. I live in my aprons but I do quite like those Japanese style ones that kind of cross over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do make my aprons but this one is so pretty, I love the style.

      Delete
  3. That apron is gorgeous Pam, I always wear an apron, I have always wanted one vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen lots of vintage apron patterns but they all seemed so fussy, this one is so simple that the fabric is the star.

      Delete
  4. Is that one of Henny Penny's aprons? It looks just like the ones she makes. It is so cute - I love the pretty flowers.

    Have a wonderful weekend Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, I was so unable to choose that I handed the task over to Henny. I am just thrilled with it.

      Delete
  5. WOW, it's a lovely apron but yes, I know, it's sensible and practical and all that but I h.a.t.e aprons. Grew up with them, had to wear them, iron them, even the first sewing project at school was a flipping apron and the hemming was never neat enough ..... I do have one of those chefy things for when I bake but other than that, noooo. ;-) Looking forward to your American parcel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember sewing a blue gingham apron at primary school, we had to cross stitch on the bib and pockets and I did a little smocking between the pockets.

      Delete
  6. That apron is so pretty. I would not take it off when I go out because it would be nicer that what I wear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days my aprons are much prettier than my jeans and tops.

      Delete
  7. It is gorgeous, such a pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pam, leave it to me to always be late. I appreciate all the nice things you've said about the apron. I feel a little embarrassed looking at the apron. I have never been great at sewing, or anything else. Sure hope you enjoy wearing it. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the apron, the stitching is neat, handmade bias binding is a luxury(I know just how much work is involved) and the colours are wonderful. I just love it and did wear it yesterday.

      Delete
  9. Very pretty apron! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty and lovely to wear.

      Delete
  10. Just joined your blog after reading about your socks on Henny Penny Lane...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.