Followers

Monday 27 February 2017

The best laid plans.....

The sewing day has been postponed, to begin with I realised that there was a dentist visit this afternoon. DUH.
Then after the breakfast washing up was done I had the bright idea of bagging up the recycling (I shove it in a stacking shelf unit day to day). Once done I made the executive decision to wash the unit, then of course I did the wall behind. That led to emptying the utility room and doing a deep clean, I just couldn't help it.
All has been restored and in 10 minutes I am off to Neath.
Tomorrow is knit and natter so sewing day will be Wednesday, fingers crossed.

To sooth my soul I will knit this evening and watch an old movie, or two.

Tomorrow I may have to rejig the kitchen cupboards in the morning. Since I have changed my shopping and eating habits there are many gaps. This could mean room to clear the work tops of everything but the kettle and toaster. Deep joy at that idea. I hate having to shuffle things around when I fancy a baking session.

Toodle pip, I am off to the torture chamber.

                     TTFN                                         Pam

6 comments:

  1. Do you manage to keep your counter clear for long?. Mine has the toaster, mixer (Kitchenaid it is heavy) and small coffee pot. That is when it has just been tidied. The biggest part of the time it is covered with stuff. I think gremlins bring it all back during the night, at least that is my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best, the last thing that I do every night is to clear them and wipe down. It is an ongoing task though, flat surfaces seem to attract things.

      Delete
  2. Ha, ha....I think we are all the same. I have just been distracted by a small pile of ironing from hoovering the stairs and running the carpet cleaner over the kitchen floor again.
    Enjoy your knitting tonight-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather have been sewing but once I saw the job it had to be done.

      Delete
  3. I am in awe of anyone that can keep the work surfaces clear in the kitchen. The only reason they are bare now is because most things are packed. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the last of the tasks of Hercules, someone wished it onto women. When I cook I like to have all my ingredients weighed and measured out before I start, as I use them the surface clears itself. At least that is the theory.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.