Followers

Thursday 23 February 2017

What's Occurring.

I went to knit and natter on Tuesday, a good time was had by all even though we were a bit thin on the ground. I took my Head over Heels shawl with me and managed to get several rows done, it is growing nicely, I have still to decide on the border but no doubt it will come to me.

I delivered the bed socks and was gifted with a lovely pot of primroses, they are on the sewing room windowsill and give me a splash of colour to look at.



I did spend a little money, but the saving made it a must do. After starting Francesca,s sweater in the pink Pulse yarn last week I rang Deb in her shop. I wanted to order some more as it was knitting up so well, luckily she had sweater quantities in the purple and the yellow and put them away for me.




I have left them in the wrapping as they are for future knitting, the purple will be a birthday gift for Francesca and the yellow is for me. I hope that the splash of sunshine will be just the thing to brighten up dull winter days.

Talking about bright, I have finished the most recent pair of socks. Knitted when I should have been working on the pink sweater, they are the 4th pair of afterthought heel socks. The first pair were knitted from start to finish as a trial for the heel, I quite liked it but decided that one pair was not a good try out.

The pic n mex then the blue self patterning were made except for the heels. I thought that 3 pairs would make an ideal project to knit the heels in one fell swoop. The trial was a success and here are the latest pair with their bright green heels.


My next sock project is to try out some short row heel patterns, there are several versions out there. I have bought the Fish lips Kiss pattern and will start with that. Watch this space.
I am toying with the idea of using my patterned yarn to knit the cuff and legs of socks and then knitting a plain, coordinating, heel and foot. It seems such a waste of all that glorious colour to hide it in shoes. Plus if I chose 2 different plain colours I will get 2 different pairs out of each skein of yarn. I have several balls of WYS solid colour yarn in the stash that need to be released.

The postie has just been and left me a treat package, I will share tomorrow. Now I am just going to enjoy it by myself.

                    TTFN                                     Pam


9 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love those purple and green socks Pam.
    The new yarn is lovely too-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what the postie bought. Love those socks and the colours of the new yarn are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post is up,it was exciting for me.

      Delete
  3. Crikey I need to retire so I have time to do my crafting. Love the yellow wool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree with you, there are not enough hours in the day.

      Delete
  4. The yarn looks lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've left us on a cliff hanger! I can't wait to hear about the package now haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find it as interesting as I did.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.