Followers

Saturday 25 March 2017

Busy, busy, having fun.

Yesterday was glorious, bright sun and blue skies, Fran arrived on Thursday afternoon and was amazed as she usually brings the rain with her.
We also had a guest come to stay yesterday, Rufus is back with us until Monday. He settles down instantly and at the moment is keeping Francesca's place on the sofa warm for her.
He and Ben had a good walk yesterday and have been out this morning, perfect weather for them and us.

The random sweater is all but done., all the seams are sewn and ends woven in. I am knitting the cowl neck and have around 16 rows to do. It is lovely, I will put a photo up later, but it will not be going to knit and natter on Tuesday.
It will be off to Kent with Francesca on Monday, she took one look and asked if it was for her. We went through the stash and she has picked the yarn and pattern for another.
While we were stash diving we picked some more sock wool and patterns, I am getting a good list together.

Once this weekend is over, and all my guests have gone to their respective homes, I will be casting on the Flax sweater. Unfortunately my lovely yarn shop in Llandeilo does not stock the yarn that has been requested, I rang to check. So I had a quick trip to the Wool Warehouse online shop on Thursday, found the yarn and ordered it, the postie delivered it Friday. Now my fingers are twitching, but it has to wait, I have a pair of boot socks on the needles to finish first.

My white hyacinths have opened fully and are pumping their perfume round the house, I am looking forward to the garden ones sending their flowers out.

We had a late breakfast today, at Francesca,s request, this afternoon I am being whisked away with her for a treat. There is also something being delivered tomorrow morning.
I am, possibly, the only woman around who has seen all the goodies, stacked high in all the shops, and not twigged that it Mothering Sunday this weekend.

It is lovely that Francesca has spent time arranging this weekend but in truth all I need is to have her here.

On that subject it is time for me to get a wiggle on, I have to get some decent clothing ready to wear,and check that my shoes are shiny.

I hope that all the Mum's out there have a lovely day or (even better)  weekend.



                           TTFN                                         Pam






8 comments:

  1. I imagine your home made socks to be the most luxurious things my feet could wear. Enjoy your weekend with your guests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great weekend, even though Rufus pinched my crafting seat.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are in for a lovely weekend with Francesca. Have fun-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely having here here for 4 days.

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely day tomorrow Pam. Our eldest daughter and her partner are here, so we will try and do something special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you had a good day, the weather was certainly accommodating.

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.