Followers

Saturday 22 July 2017

Pick a season, any season.

Well, perhaps not winter but over the past few days ( never mind days the past few hours) we have had April Showers, hot Summer Sun and Autumnal Downpours and wind.

I have been pootling on, a little knitting, a little cooking, some jam making, a little knitting, some cookie baking, quite a lot of tea drinking and some more knitting.

There will soon be  a pair of socks for the SO in the yarn that he painted.

I am planning out (well trying to) some self striping yarn with just a little speckling. A trial run once I have a few essential bits of hardware, hopefully tomorrow.

I have Christmas gift ideas seething round my mindSorry about that but it had to be mentioned. It will include fabric and sewing, colour matching, accessory hunting and dying. That is why I need to start the planning now. No doubt there will be some Quack quack reject moments, just not too many I hope. It is one thing seeing a colour palette in your mind that compliments or contrasts wonderfully, and another altogether replicating it in the flesh, so to speak. I have done that with the odd garment or three.

I have an urge to experiment in the kitchen today, I dug around in the pantry and fridge, I have pulled out, Cous cous, chillies, garlic, peppers, butter beans, red onions, paprika and liquid smoke. Once it has become a meal, rather than an idea, I will stir fresh chopped mint, radish seed heads and a good squeeze of lemon juice to brighten the flavours up.
Wish me luck.

I spent a couple of very cosy hours in Debs wool shop yesterday, chatting and knitting. It flew by and all too soon I had to set off home.

Oops nearly forgot, I had a lovely, and all too short, visit from Jess and Ivy first thing, well more like third thing as it was at least 9.00.
I was still clad in dressing gown before having a shower. After two very disturbed nights I slept very late.
Ivy is walking well now, and running even better, she is as much a delightful little girl as she was a gorgeous baby. Such a fleeting time, I am so pleased that I didn't miss the baby stage even if it was only the tail end. Her first birthday is next month, a serious present hunt has to happen, deep joy. I need to think outside the box for this.

Rufus and I managed a good walk, in the dry, this morning but part of the route was flooded so we took a diversion of our own. Neither of us minded, the air was clean and fresh after all the rain, and Rufus seemed to find lots of exciting scents to enjoy.

I have spent a little time in the garden this afternoon, some plants have been potted up and I took the chance on pegging out a load of washing.

It is greying over now so I am off to haul it in before it gets another rinse.

                        TTFN                                          Pam












3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam :) Christmas!! Honestly, I think about that too...I always think of a new meal, gifts for Alex...what I can do for the pets...I'm just a planner at heart so I don't mind that you mentioned it :)) It went from 32C to 12C over night...I think we have summer/fall going on here...but the sun is out so I'm happy about that! Good luck on your meal! The only thing that threw me off was the liquid smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had the same crazy weather here as well, four seasons in one day! It's good packing weather though, as I'd rather be outside when it's hot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started early for Christmas too. Lovely fleecy dressing gowns for my 4 little girls all done and put away. I have 1 tartan dress completed and 3 to go but now I have had a birthday request for one of those mermaid blankets. I have ordered some pink butterfly fleece and must make that my next job. Honestly they do keep me busy with the requests but it's all great fun. Which is more than can be said for the weather. Nothing but dismal rain here for days.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.