Followers

Tuesday 15 August 2017

A very senior moment.

Oh Dear, I just had a little read through my blog list and then had a look at the comments for yesterday. One said that it was nice to see me back, back? back from where?I thought Then I saw that I had not posted for a few days, I don't know why, perhaps I was lost in a time warp. It's just a jump to the left....sorry about that.

I had no idea, I thought that I had missed one day. Oops I blame Mary Poppins, she has to be blamed for something.

Anyway, now that that is dealt with I can move forward, onwards and upwards.

I am knitting happily on the Miette, I have 27 rows left on the body before binding off and picking up the sleeves. It has not been an entirely smooth progress, nothing wrong with pattern or yarn, no dropped stitches or anything. My stitchmarkers decided to jump off the needles at every opportunity, they were like Minions determined to escape. I may have to resort to little bits of contrast yarn tied in loops. That was what my Mother used, there were no fancy pants, themed or otherwise, pretties to be had then. Even if there were she would have rather spent the money on more yarn. (only she called it all wool)

I have been sewing, 2 new cushion covers are finished, 2 are waiting for the final seaming and overlocking and 2 are waiting for the back fabric to be selected.

The dress that was cut out at least 6 weeks ago is still in limbo, but it is at the top of the pile. I just have to get the cushion covers done, not to mention the quilt that has been pin basted....Oh and I have an idea for a new play quilt for the grands. Snakes and Ladders on one side and Draughts on the reverse, I aim to make the squares big enough for the children to be the counters on the snakes and ladders side. I will make the dice as well.
What I will change though is the long snake that slides down from square 98 (or 99) to square 2. I can remember sliding down that many, many times and it can be devastating to a small child.

Mmm, just noticed that I have used a smaller sized font than normal, I will leave it and see how it turns out.

I have to dash, it is almost time for walking Rufus, if I am late he stands at the gate a shouts for me.

                                       TTFN                                                            Pam







5 comments:

  1. The snakes and ladder quilt will be such fun - great idea. I'm off to work, but would rather stay home and knit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping by to say 'hi'.
    I've been out of action and have a lot of catching up to do-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt sounds great fun. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt. I'm not very inventive, Pam, I usually need a pattern or guide to spark some interest! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to do the snakes and ladders quilt and checkers, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The children's play quilt sounds just lovely. I also remember that darn snake, lost many a game by landing on it and sliding all the way down.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.