Followers

Thursday 18 January 2018

More nothingness


Another chunk of time spent sitting in the hospital today, none of it wasted though. The latest pair of boot socks finished, toes Kitchener stitched and ends woven in.





A new pair cast on, cuff ribbing done and 3 pattern repeats knitted. I am using the broken rib from the Blueberry waffle socks again, it is the SO,s choice. He says it is soft and stretchy without going baggy.

My poor W had a mixed bag of news today, the schegren syndrome has started to affect his hands. The ray of hope is that there is some radical treatment that can be tried. My fingers will be crossed, I can think of very little more devastating than losing the use of my hands.

I told you all that my Christmas Eve cast on was nearly finished, well it was. I had a few rows left on the sleeves and then the front  and neck bands to do and I ran out of yarn. My own fault, I knitted the body and the sleeves longer and never once did it occur to me that I may run out, I had an extra 100 grams after all. Yardage!!! I did not check  it DUH, Rookie error.Guess I wont be making that mistake again in a hurry.

I bought a full pack of this on a promotion from Debs wool shop months ago, maybe a year or more.

Gutted, I bit the bullet and launched a search on the net. WOO HOOI not only found the yarn in the right colour BUT  it was the same dye lot !!!!! How lucky was that.

I was prepared to cut the waist ribbing off and use that yarn to finish the sleeves. Then I would have used a complimentary colour for all the ribbing. All that time saved. Cue happy dance.

I got my yarn from The Knitting Network, a company that I had never come across.
They have a good array of yarns and patterns, in particular some vintage classics that I will be paying close attention to.

I will get cracking on finishing up my cardigan as I have the yarn ready to knit 2  Andi Satterlund  patterns.

It is time to 'fess up here, while I was madly looking to see if a stray ball  of my yarn had hidden itself in the rest of the yarn stash, I found 3, Yes 3, sweater quantities of Aran weight yarn. I had forgotten all about it but once discovered I remembered ordering it a looong while ago. Needless to say that will be featuring on my Make 9 list of yarny things.

I have been watching Tina from the Simply Stitching Podcast showing her 333 wardrobe plan. I had to go and check my wardrobe out and realised that I don't use 33 items of clothing in 3 months. Then I thought aha, what about hats and scarves. I have a box of hats and scarves on the shelf in the hall and grab them at random every time I leave the house.
Tomorrow I will be removing all but 2 of each and washing the rest. Then I will have a recount.

On that note I am leaving you as it is almost time to walk the dogs. 

                       TTFN                                              Pam




13 comments:

  1. Socks look great. You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that the treatment works, there are new treatments all the time. Another great finish the boot socks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am praying too, I can not bear to think about the outcome if this fails.

      Delete
  3. Love it when you get you shade you are looking for, the wool I used on my blanket was purchased four years ago, I felt sure it would be discontinued, it did not need a dye lot match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased and am looking forward to getting this finished.

      Delete
  4. You must have sparks fkying off your needles, you knit so quickly! I'm glad you managed to find the extra yarn you needed, that was lucky!!
    LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the hours spent sitting in the hospital that help, I am an early riser as well and knitting is too quiet to disturb anyone.

      Delete
  5. Lovely socks Pam. You really do knit quickly.

    So glad that you found the yarn you needed on line.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a You tube tutorial on speed knitting British style and realised that it was how I knit. Not for the speed but because it is comfortable. The SO is very knitworthy and wears nothing but hand knitted socks and sweaters.

      Delete
  6. I love the colour of those sock very much....in fact I have my eye on a Layer Cake by Laundry Basket Quilts in the same kind of colours.
    So sorry to hear about W. I hope the treatment available will help.
    How lucky to find the yarn you needed. Good detective work there Pam.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really quite sad that I have knitted all that particular yarn up, it has been discontinued by James C Brett. Perhaps I should do a search for some.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear the bad news about W, sending my very best wishes and keeping my fingers firmly crossed that the treatment works. I had to laugh at you finding not one or two sweater quantities of yarn that you'd forgotten about, but three! Mind you, I bet it was a lovely surprise, all that yarn that you'd forgotten you had.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.