Followers

Friday 6 April 2018

It's the treadmill for me.

I have not been on a treadmill for around 6 years, I will be going through a "stress test" at the hospital as soon as they can fit me in. Deep Joy.
Apart from that all went well yesterday, now I am playing the waiting game. I was in the hospital for precisely 35 minutes, I did not have time to get my knitting out of the bag never mind knit a row.

Today it is gloriously sunny and we enjoyed our walks, there were lots of dogs and their walkers out to pass the time of day with.

I have washing on the whirly thingy, where does it all come from. I think that there must be pixies involved somehow. It is a bit like the Magic Porridge Pot, there is no end to it. 

Today is mainly about ironing, both laundry and quilty.

I do have some knitting things to share though.


Francesca's sweater is done, once soaked and blocked ( I will not use pins, just ease it to shape) it will be put away till November. By then there will be a hat to go with it.



This is the WYS yarn for the next Carbeth, also for Francesca, once I have finished the stash yarn version I will get it cast on. I must get a photo of it loaded up for you to see.



This selection is for me, have you seen the sweater pattern by Ellie of Skeindeer knits? that is to be my colourwork experiment and experience. It is a long long time since I knitted colourwork in the round. It was in the days of Magnus Magnussun  jumpers with the yoke knit in the round on Pony circular needles. Those circulars seemed amazing then, but are awful in comparison to what is available now.

I have pulled all the yarn from stash and am happy with my colours, although I do intend to knit with a wider palette at some point. I just need to get those knitting books sorted.

They can wait while I knit through the list so far, there is another shawl or two that I am itching to cast on. I also have a bundle of sock patterns to play with, in the interests of my sanity I will restrict myself to one large project and one pair of socks on the needles at any one time.

Francesca would like socks for Ch******s again and I have an obscene amount of 4 ply to work through. 

Dinner last night was amazing, even if I did make it.  
My take on Pasta Primavera. Penne pasta cooked al dente,  celery, shallots, green pepper and a leek chopped quite fine and sweated in a knob of butter. Once soft I added a carton of soft cheese with garlic and herbs (lidl) a splash of veg stock (homemade) and a whole head of roasted garlic (squeezed out of the skin). I cooked this to simmering point and then added a cup of cooked Edamame beans and another of cooked petit pois. a good grind of salt and pepper and a carton of double cream (a large one RTC for 50p)
Then I stirred in about 1/2 a head of broccoli steamed and cooled, a few minutes to heat it through and then into dishes with a generous sprinkle of fresh mint and coriander.

I took a dish to W who enjoyed it just as much as we did.

The Cherry on the Top was an oaty Rhubarb Crumble using freshly pulled rhubarb from the garden. It was sublime.

Enough of this self praise, much more and my neck will not support my head.

Now that the sun has finally come out to play I am craving lighter food, tomorrow I will make a quiche and later today I hope to get a quick cucumber pickle made. 

Now I better get off my btm and get that iron turned on.

                   TTFN                                    Pam








.

15 comments:

  1. That must have been the shortest hospital appointment ever! Hope all goes well on the treadmill. Fran's jumper is lovely, exactly the colours I like most. Your dinner sounds absolutely deeelishusss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at how speedy it was. dinner was good.

      Delete
  2. Your dinner sounds very moreish. Love that jumper. I only wish I had the patience to knit jumpers. I will stick to socks and shawls but might start making them to match one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have a pair of socks on the needles at all times and the jumper and cardigan list is growing faster than I can knit.

      Delete
  3. Do they do the chemical stress tests in the U.K.? I can't do the treadmill due to my back and neuropathy and have had the chemical one the last 3 or 4 times. Much easier and less stress (pun intended) than treadmill. You're quite active, though so it shouldn't be e problem for you! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stress test is to measure my heart function as my symptoms are linked to exercise. I can no longer walk up hills and even the stairs are too much some days.

      Delete
  4. Your dinner sounds so good! I love the sweater, Fran is one lucky girl!! Hope the tread mill test goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner was great thank you, I want the test asap just to find out what is what.

      Delete
  5. Good luck on the stress test. Love the sweater.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fran picked the yarn out ages ago and has forgotten all about it, so it should be a pleasant surprise for her.

      Delete
  6. I was amazed how quickly your hospital appointment went I can only presume that all is well. Love Fran's jumper the colours are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well so far,I do struggle with my heart rate when going upstairs and walking up hills is a big no no. Hopefully the stress test will show what is happening.

      Delete
  7. loving the sweater, I have a carbeth cardigan on the needles [one of many projects] love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is knitting up like a , I have the yarn picked out for another 2.

      Delete
  8. Lucky you on the quick hospital visit.
    Great jumper.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.