Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2016

A really Good Day

Yesterday dawned fine and bright with a little nip in the air, a perfect early Autumn morning.
The dogs were walked, while the washing machine did it's thing, and they were very perky and bouncy. I like to think that they enjoyed the change from the humidity of recent days.
Washing went out and more travelled through the machine until there was nothing left to wash.
Windows and doors were flung open and the whole house had a good airing. I could almost hear my granny chuckling and rubbing her hands together with delight.
Iwhisked through the rest of my chores and after a quick sandwich went off to knit and natter.

I took my gold stylecraft  jumper and managed to finish the back and get the front cast on and half the ribbing done.
I picked up some yarn for two hats, King Cole Moods, an acrylic with 30% wool and 2% viscose.Two balls each in Petrol and Firecracker. It is a DK weight but I find that it knits up as worsted so will make for warm hats.

The early evening saw the temperature fall and Ben and I had a very pleasant walk into the village and back. He can not manage long walks now but is happy (and eager) to have 3 or 4 shorter ones spread out through the day.

We have had a blast of cold air in the last few days, not a real frost but enough to make my Crookneck squash plants turn their toes up.
I gathered all the remaining fruits and will make a vegetable curry tonight.
Last night I made shepherds pie with a root veg mash top, very tasty and a splosh of mint sauce and a handful of peas in with the meat helped it along. A and K had one for their dinner and enjoyed it.  I have enough meat left for another meal, possibly a Rogan Josh, or maybe an Oggy.
This morning I am off for my second session of Nordic Walking and looking forward to it. It is lovely to be out with a group of like minded people. I have signed up for a 6 week training course and will hopefully go twice weekly after that

I think that it is time for more tea,  and maybe a slice of toast.


                         TTFN                                                 Pam



14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your nordic walking, I know a few doing it and they love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday started with that awful fine drizzle and a drop in temperature which did not make for a good washing day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy your fall weather. This morning when I got up it was 23 and by noon it was 29 and so muggy. There were rainstorms and thundershowers southeast of us in the desert areas, but we just got humidity.
    Sounds like you're having a great time at your knitting group. Enjoy! Will you take a picture of your camo socks and post it/???
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing Nordic walking! Been thinking about it for a couple of years now! Just choosing my poles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We spent yesterday up a mountain in Tenirief is that the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have sunshine today, a line full of washing and also all the windows open, it feels so bracing doesn't it. Hope your walk is good and bracing too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here in Canada (or at least my area) Nordic walking is called Pole walking. We have just had a group formed. I would really like to join, but it is at a bad time for me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure wish it would cool off here, we had 92 degrees this afternoon.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are you Pam? Is everything ok? I'm missing your postings. Come back soon, please.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Nordic Walking sounds like fun ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are ok? Managed to visit Llanielo. The shops you've mentioned are great. Spent a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missing your posts...are you ok?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wondering if you are OK, as it's been a while since you posted.
    I hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.