Followers

Saturday 25 February 2017

Weeping Doris

Or is it? We had the wind last Thursday, then yesterday we had a taste of summer never mind spring. Today we have rain, drizzle and more rain along with a little wind.
Ben is quite disgusted, we went out and he dropped his head, almost to the ground, tucked his tail under and put on an air of abject misery. He deserved an Oscar.

I am so pleased that I did my laundry yesterday, the only task left on my list is to empty the top of my sewing unit , and get it set up.

I have layered and pinned my smaller flimsy and am ready to start quilting, Monday is earmarked for sewing.

The back of Francesca,s sweater is done and a sock has been started, I have to knit one at a time as I can only find one 3.75 mm needle, these will be a pair of DK weight socks for someone with cold feet. I have found the yarn from stash for three pairs.

Dinner tonight will be a very lazy gigantes plaki ( baked beans made with butter beans) on toast. I do not feel like cooking anything fancy and this recipe is simple and tasty.

I have lazed the day away, watched a few pod casts, listened to radio 2, watched  the last part of the documentary about dairy farming in Wales, knitted and drunk tea. Not bad.

Now I have to persuade Ben that he will not dissolve if he goes out again before making a start on my bean feast.

                     TTFN                                           Pam

8 comments:

  1. It's been grey here all day, no sun, rain or wind just grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that grey is the worst, When we get that i have the lights on and wear the brightest colours that I have.

      Delete
  2. Smudge does disgusted very too. Don't they make you laugh?
    Gigantes plaki doesn't sound half as appetising as good old beans on toast. I could eat them anytime with a nice cup of tea........oooooh bliss on a plate-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very tasty, much better than tinned beans.

      Delete
  3. I want to knit some socks with heavier yarn. So far I've only done one pair that are heavy. I knit almost all the socks I knit on 2.25. However, the pair I just finished I used 2.75. I think it was because it was like hand spun yarn. A little thin while I was knitting but bloomed and filled in when blocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use 2.5 for my socks and 60 stitches, once the cuff is finished I sometimes drop down to 58 if the yarn is knitting up thick. I got my DK pattern from Winwick Mum, she has a brilliant blog.

      Delete
  4. Annoying wasn't it? That little snifter of spring blown away by a wind with attitude and more rain than you can shake a stick at. Yuk. Sounds like you will be enjoying yourself inside whatever the weather. Crafting here is at present something I used to do. All sorts of things taking my time up, including another funeral to go to - a favourite aunty - which means a trip to Hampshire again, but I shall get to stay with Middle Daughter so that will be a positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the weather and am happy to craft away. I am looking forward to getting out into the garden though.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.