Followers

Friday 1 January 2016

And another one bites the dust. (mud)

I new it would happen, the New Year would roll in whether or not I stayed awake. I was tired and in bed and snoring by 11 last night.

This morning I was up like a Lark, a Mud Lark that is, 8:15 when my eyes opened, hey ho, not to worry. I still had to prise Ben out of his bed and into the garden.
Once a brew had been made, drunk and repeated we put coats on and went for the first walk of the year. A 2 mile round trip, only a few peeps about and only 4 dogs. 
It was breezy but not cold and we came back ready for breakfast.
Since then the decorations and tree are down and packed away in various containers. The sewing room is almost back to rights, that will be finished tomorrow.
The sitting room is done, I have a bit more floor space in here as the bureaux is staying in the sewing room for the time being. If it works okay when I start sewing then I will leave it there.
I put my feet up in front of the telly last night but found nothing to interest me, I went into box sets and ended up watching the beginning of The Sopranos, I never fancied it the first time round.



My feet encased in my new slippers, I remember Sonny and Cher wearing boots like these, and the rest of me is wearing a pair of fleecy pj,s that I bought over 12 years ago, in a sale for £1. I never wear them to sleep in they are far too thick.
You can just see a glimpse of star crochet in the bottom left corner.
I have enough stars to make 1 section and get it on the wall.




This Willow Horse is in the park in Neath, one of the Parkies has added some antlers and a red nose.


I had a good walk round while I was there and found these in a charity shop, 50p the pair. I have knitted Kaffe,s patterns in years gone by, this book is from 1985, and they work well. I fancy the peplum cardigan on the cover, it is in a small size but I have a bag of  variagated Aran wool in the stash and that should knit up big enough. I will make a test square though.
I want to learn new skills this year, I have a small cross stitch kit and will also try something out of the needlepoint book. The colours are bold and there are more subtle examples in there as well. I am looking forward to trying it out.
I have to find 2 books to part with though, 1 in, 1 out is my mantra

I hope to get another 2 mile walk in, Ben has had a second walk already so he will not be coming on that, it is raining just now so fingers crossed that it stops soon.

I have just noticed the time, tea time (cup of not meal), the kettle is calling me.

I hope that you are all safe and well and that those who need them found the paracetamol.

                      TTFN                                              Pam

22 comments:

  1. Looks like a good start to the year, wishing you a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, I wish the same for you and Martin.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a good day. I never fancied the Sopranos either. I've been working through the box sets of Falling Skies - all about alien invasion! It's good!
    I can recommend, if you've never seen them, not that I'm encouraging you to sit on your bum more, but Mount Pleasant I found amusing and Stella. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not mind the first 3 episodes and will watch a couple more. I did watch Falling Skies, not seen Stella yet but do enjoy Mount Pleasant. All chewing gum for the brain, and easy watching while I sew or crochet.

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love them slippers. Very cosy.
    What did you think of The Sopranos? It's on my list of things to watch but I haven't even bought it yet and wonder if it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reserving judgement on The Sopranos, I am watching it on sky box sets, I would not buy it. It took me 2 episodes to get into and the 3rd one was okay. I have downloaded another 3 to watch.

      Delete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one eager to get the decorations packed away and get on with the new year. I think I still have that Kaffe knitting book somewhere plus another of his. I made a poppy waistcoat from one of his books many moons ago when my concentration was better. Nowadays I tend to stick to more simple patterns. I'm also wanting to learn a new craft this year, but since I've already tried so many (knitting, crocheting, machine knitting, cross stitch, sewing, card making, jewellery making etc.) it's hard to know what to pick. I fancy giving loom knitting a try. The starter equipment is cheap and I already have loads of yarn. Hope you have a happy, healthy 2016, Pam. Love, Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I have the poppy waistcoat in my plans, I just want to make my stars first. Dawn at Doing it for ourselves in Wales does loom knitting and it looks good, it is on the list as is knitting on double point pins. I was amazed at how little weight you put on, well done you.

      Delete
  5. We didn't manage to see the new year in either. Sleep has it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw enough in as a pub landlady, now I would rather sleep.

      Delete
    2. I love how you just keep surprising me with stuff you've done Pam! X

      Delete
  6. I love your slippers, its nice to relax in comfort. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are super comfy and super warm, I had to slip them off every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Enjoy your new books. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Pam. My Christmas stuff will be up a little bit longer. It takes me 2 days to put it all up that I'm never too anxious to take it down!! I also have that Kaffe book and I remember at the time paying quite a bit for it. Never did make anything from it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bah, humbug - I don't see the point of New Year parties or staying up to see it in even. It comes in with or without my help. My dog hates fireworks and usually comes upstairs when they are on but isn't happy even then but now we have found how to make him feel better. He curls up on the sofa and snores through it all. I don't know why that makes it better but am just pleased it does. I am going to concentrate on mastering my serger techniques this year. I've done loads of crafts in my lifetime including all the needle crafts, beading and jewellery making, I still love my sewing and knitting the best so will just try and improve them. Happy 2016 Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good beginning for the new year. We watched the Sopranos when it was on, it was good, but so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those books are lovely. I love the cauliflower in the needlepoint book
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your night sounds like mine. I managed to stay up until 10:30 but then had to get up with a very scared dog as the world & his wife were letting off fireworks. I hope 2016 is everything you want it to be, I'm hoping to learn to embroider properly this year & I want to do a machine embroidery class too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely way to see the new year in, cosy and snug (I love a good box set). Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm itching to get my decorations down, but we usually leave them until the traditional 12th night.
    Good luck with trying new crafts. I want to try double knitting (where the back is a reverse image of the front) but am resisting the urge until I've finished the waistcoat I've started.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.