Followers

Tuesday 4 June 2019

Playing not lazing

Rain stopped work outside today.

It has turned Tuesday to Sunday, we had a slow start to the day and then did a quick swoop through Tesco.
The SO cleverly put a pot of coffee on before we left so once we had thrown carefully put the shopping away we had a cup. Then I started to batch cook for the freezer. Meat sauce and veggy sauce all ready to be portioned up. A chicken cut into pieces is open freezing and a whole one is nestled in beside it, there is another in the fridge ready for a roast dinner tomorrow. They were on offer and we picked the very biggest from the cabinet. 

I have slobbed about reading for a fair while but now feel the urge to move and do something.
All the normal chores were done first thing, there are a few things to iron and some fabric that needs pressing, it was washed yesterday. 
Then I will get a pattern traced off and pinned down, fingers crossed, before dinner.

All in all a very self centered day and very relaxing. Tomorrow's weather should be better so I will hopefully be in the garden again. 
I managed some time outside yesterday and got 4 planters done and put in place, fuchsias geraniums and ageratum. They should provide a splash of colour for several months.

There was one wrinkle though, we had letters from Sky saying they had been informed that we were going with another provider and confirming that our contract would be terminated on the due date. After a very long telephone conversation that has been cancelled. 
Their suggestion was that someone local has changed provider and given the wrong house number. 
Mmmm, I think that it is more likely that someone was entering the details into the computer program and hit the wrong number.

Now I am going to scurry off and get busy, I am a bit worried that I may get stuck in the corner of the sofa.

It seems an age since I batch cooked and I really enjoyed it. I also enjoy the fact that it means a few easy meals in the future.

                        TTFN                                 Pam

8 comments:

  1. DH had a day off today so we had a late start, tea in bed and a nice read started our day off lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it always seems to be more enjoyable to have a day off when it is not the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Stuck in the corner of the sofa is one of my favourite places to be ! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have to be right in the corner as Herbie tucks in as close as possible beside me.

      Delete
  3. I keep saying it, but one of these days I am going to try my hand at batch cooking. Any tips?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get all the prep done and have the receptacles ready with lids before you even turn anything on.

      Delete
  4. Its worth all the effort batch cooking when you have meals ready for those busy days, I tend to do more in the cooler months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to keep a stock in most of the time but sometimes I just want to be in the kitchen cooking away.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.