Followers

Monday 3 June 2019

Will it, Won't it ?

Be dry and fine? The sun is trying hard to push the clouds aside but there is a chilly wind that is battling against it.
Never mind, although I have work to do in the garden some of that can be moved to the greenhouse.
Then of course there is the house to be gone through. 
We had a very lazy day yesterday, minimal jobs were done, quite a bit of telly watching happened, lots of chatting and laughing, a bit too much eating (there was chocolate). We had a dinner that was a bit hit and miss on the healthy front, a big bowl of coleslaw, ribs in a Chipotle sauce and jacket potatoes. It doesn't seem too bad, we do not like our coleslaw to be running with mayo BUT we do like our jacket pots to be quite slick with butter. The real yellow stuff, quite salty and lots of it. Hey Ho it is only now and again and every scrap of visible fat was removed from the ribs.

The latest pair of gift socks have been tucked away,


I can not remember where the yarn came from, it was caked up ages ago but it is a commercial yarn.




Socks for me, cast on yesterday and worked on while we watched some old episodes of Silent Witness. Once again I do not remember what the provenance of the toe yarn is. They were going to be a vanilla pair but when I joined on my hand dyed yarn I had a change of heart. I just put a couple of cables in to make it more interesting, once I have turned the heel I will add them to the back of the leg. 



My camera has been a disappointment, some shots are so fuzzy, some show completely wrong colours and I have to find a replacement.
The "pattern" is so simple, I have 30 stitches on each needle so I knit 4, purl 2, cable 4 right, knit 6, pearl 2, cable 4 left, pearl 2 and knit 4. Then 3 rows of knitting the knit stitches and pearling the pearl ones. repeat from the beginning.

Not a "design" by any stretch of the imagination, a Turkish cast on and then I will use the Fleegle heel and  finish the leg with a twisted rib and stretchy bind off.

I have just paused to put some fabric into the wash, I fancy a bit if dressmaking before finishing off the latest quilt. It will not take long to dry as I found some very lightweight cotton fabric. The pattern is from my latest book, and there is a lot to be gathered in at the waist, so it needs to be light. Whether I will like the finished garment remains to be seen. I will be adding pockets either patch or side seam and I will wear the dress, possibly just in the garden.

Before I get on with my day I want to remind you all that there is a giveaway on yesterdays post. You can win one of a pair of 20 gram mini skeins and/or a zippered bag. If you want to enter for yarn and bag then do so.  
Get your comment on there by Sunday lunchtime (our time) and the names will be drawn later that day.
( There will be some extras) I am happy to post anywhere in the world  so do not even consider the cost to your home. I will label them as GIFT, just in case you have the same stringent rules as we suffer with.

Tonights dinner will be something a bit on the spicy side, I made rather a lot of Chipotle sauce yesterday and want to use it up.

                       TTFN                                              Pam







14 comments:

  1. Your day yesterday sounds absolutely perfect!

    Your sock pattern doesn't sound at all simple to me, quite scary in fact, but then I can't knit at all. I love the colours of the socks you're doing for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty and there will be plenty of yarn left to make a pair for Francesca.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day to me, love the blue socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are for the SO and are tucked away in the gift box.

      Delete
  3. I am still on a good old top down sock. The only variation is the lovely yarns that make it look as though my sock knitting skill is better than it actually is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't knit top down for ages but there is a heel construction that I like so my next pair may well be top down.

      Delete
  4. A cable does add interest and help the sock stay up I find. Wools knitting up nicely. The blue mix looks like a West Yorkshire Spinners one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sneaky thought that the colour is Blue lagoon and it may well be WYS, I have used lots of their yarn.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty socks!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am drooling over the socks, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be kind enough to share your chipotle sauce recipe please?
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will add it to my next post, probably Saturday.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.