Followers

Monday 16 October 2017

Stitches and Stitches.

The yarny stitching has been simmering away steadily and another pair of boot socks are off the needles.


They do have a slight halo but will be soft and warm to wear.

The snuggly blanket has grown slightly, I will post a picture in a few more days when there is a little bit more to show.

On the sewing stitches front the Plates are also doing well. I have the blades cut, stitched and pressed for 4 more plates. 2 will be blues and greys and 2 will be blues and greens, I pulled some soft pinks from the stash and will make 2 more with blues and pinks. This will give me 9 plate blocks that will finish at around 18", my current thinking is that I will make a 9th block using all the colours to become the middle block, with sashing finishing at 4", side borders  finishing at 5" and top and bottom finishing at 10" I should get a decent size.

Of course I have to think about fabric for all this, right now I haven't got a clue. It will come to me, no probs.

Francesca got her first set of cushion covers today and is pleased as punch, she has no idea that another set will be arriving before the end of the week. 

Dinner tonight is a version of cauliflower cheese, there is broccoli and edamame beans in the sauce as well. A one dish wonder with a fruit pie for pudding. Nursery food, just the job on a wild and windy night.

I have just checked the oven and it's not long now! That's good as there are serious rumblies in the tumbly.


                         TTFN                                     Pam

10 comments:

  1. Fab socks-you're so fast. Further blocks sound lovely. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knit socks in "waiting times" they are so portable.

      Delete
  2. Your socks look great Pam :) I have put my knitting on hold for a bit. We've been concentrating on closing up the garden and preparing for winter...crazy that it could snow any day now lol...I'm not ready!!! A nice cozy warm meal sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need another day in the garden but it has been far too wet here, this storm Ophelia is drying things out nicely though.

      Delete
  3. I hope those strong winds aren't giving you problems. That cauliflower cheese sounds yummy. I love edemame beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the mountains between us and the coast are giving us lots of protection. The cauliflower cheese was delicious.

      Delete
  4. Very snuggly looking socks and beautiful colours.
    It really is the weather for some comforting food.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, it will be childhood food here for a while. Steak and kidney pudding tonight.

      Delete
  5. Love the socks, one of these days I will give it a go can you suggest a starter pattern, something really easy? I have some lamb in the slow cooker all ready for the makings of a casserole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest that yo go and have a look at Winwick Mum, both the blog and the You Tube channel. She goes into great detail, there is also a book written by her. Enjoy your casserole, it is really time for comforting food now.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.