Followers

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Wooly Weather




It is cold, wet and windy here but according to the weather forecast tomorrow should be much better.
We will see.

Knitting and crochet are the order of the day, the new Miette is coming along. I have started on the first sleeve and will be knitting them to the same length as the green one. I have left the body on the needle as I want to try it on once the sleeves are done. I want this one to be just a little longer, this yarn is knitting up slightly looser so it needs to be tried on before I can be sure.


I still have to find buttons, I did have a look in Deb,s shop this afternoon but couldn't make my mind up. I intend to make a skirt (and possibly a dress) to wear with this so finding buttons to either coordinate or contrast means that I need to take a bit of fabric in with me.

I have started on the border for the snuggly blanket, I want to make it about 6" deep to give it a bit of body.



I have about 50 grams of this yarn left but am sure that I will need quite a bit more than that. There is plenty left in the stash.

I managed to slice into the end of my thumb yesterday so the SO is doing the prep and most of the cooking. Last night we had an excellent stir fry and tonight it is pie and mash, root veg and whole grain mustard mash, with broccoli. Yum.

I am all set for Sit and Sew on Thursday, I popped into Flying Geese this afternoon and stayed for a quick chat......almost an hour later I went off to Knit and Natter. Why does time fly so fast at times and drag along at others, and WHY is it always the wrong way round?

On that thought it is time to scoop Rufus up for a walk, or maybe a paddle!

                 TTFN                                                      Pam

13 comments:

  1. Lots of projects on the go, and I am glad you had such a good time manning the fort at Flying Geese. Good luck with finding the right buttons and finishing the snuggly blanket.

    I have my patchwork class tomorrow, so am looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had fun at your class, I did a few in Wisbech before I moved and they are good fun. I have asked Sue to do a class on foundation patchwork, something that I have never tried.

      Delete
  2. Want to trade your wet and windy for 35C with gusting winds and fire danger?
    I think not.
    Love the blanket. It looks so comfy, just the thing to toss over the legs when on the couch watching TV.
    The Miette looks cute as well.
    You are so talented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think right, I struggle with the heat and a few holidays with family in Australia have given me a healthy respect of the dangers of bush fires.

      Delete
  3. Love the blanket, the wonderful array of colour is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and just hope that the grands do as well.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, I love the colour of the sweater. You are doing a lovely job of it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some fabric for either a skirt or dress, once the Miette is finished I will decide.

      Delete
  5. The colors make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny but cold here today so definitely blanket weather and yours is so cheerful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sunny and quite warm today, yesterday was wild, wet and windy.

      Delete
  7. We had one coolish morning and are now topping out at 82 degrees. I love your Miette, I need to make another one it is a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.