Followers

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Where's that soap box?

Rant time folks.

I have done the weekly hospital run with W, and once again I am amazed at the people who park where ever they can squeeze their cars in.

One week the car park that I drive through to get to the outside parking area was completely blocked by the brain dead who parked in the drive through paths.

Most weeks there are cars parked on the walkways, these are painted like zebra crossings and are for  mums with pushchairs, people with walking aids and so on.

Today I was waiting for a space to be vacated when somebody went to her car, which was parked on a lined crossing. She was not leaving, oh no she was fetching her lunch! She was a member of staff! I did ask her why she parked so inconsiderately, she was quite rude but said that it was the first place she could get in and as she was running late took it. The staff parking area is a bit further away.

I was speechless, I did go to the main reception and lodge a complaint the time the car park was blocked. Something must have been done as it has not happened again.

Then there are the drivers who are either illiterate, can not read English or Welsh or have severely impaired sight. They are the ones who ignore STOP, No Entry and No Right Turn signs. 


W could get a blue badge so I could use a disabled bay. To my mind that would be dishonest, I can drop him off and pick him up and I can walk with no problem.

I have finished, it does help to share.

Now I have had my lunch, I put a pan of soup on as soon as I got back, it was lush.

Only took 30 minutes.I used a bag of diced sweet potato and butternut squash from Tesco, 35 p RTC, there was some diced red onion in there as well. I just sweated it for 5 minutes in a drop of oil and stirred in some smoked paprika, salt and pepper, garlic granules and a little ground coriander and a tsp of dried basil, tipped in a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed), a good squirt of tomato puree and enough water to cover the ingredients. Brought it to the boil and simmered away, when I checked it for seasoning it needed a lift so I added a a dollop of tomato ketchup. Perfick!

I have sifted through a whole load of things that have been on Fran's bed, they are now in their proper places. I found my rotating cutting mat on there, it was mixed up with some paperwork, I have been hunting for it for a few days and was on the cusp of buying a new one. They Are Not Cheap. Sweet relief when it turned up.

I have one more Dresden plate to make, the middle one with 4 different prints in each of the 5 colours. I hope to get it at least well on the way if not finished today.

It is a grey, gloomy and dismal day here with sporadic rain, but it is bright in the sewing room so I am off to start my fabric selection.


                              TTFN                                     Pam.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad your cutting mat turned up. My two are permanently on the kitchen table at the moment! A lady at my patchwork class is doing a HUGE Dresden plate quilt using her late husband's old ties. At the moment it looks like a ball gown!!

    So many people are inconsiderate when they park - what drives me mad are the lazy barstewards who sit, engine running, at the front of Tesco's so the little wifey can go in and do her shopping. I hope that your complaint at the hospital causes waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago I made a long dress out of silk ties, once it just about fitted I sewed the seam and put a zip in the back. My younger sister then wore it a decade or so later and now her daughter has it.

      Delete
  2. It is always good to get things of our chests :D ... glad you found your cutting mat - mine tends to stay put! but it does tend to hide when it is piled on with fabric, fiber...yarn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased, it has been put to use since.

      Delete
  3. I just daren't start on anything to do with motorists, cyclists, inconsiderate parkers or just downright rude and stupid drivers in general. I'd be here for a week...lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are a lot of brain dead inconsiderate idiots around.

      Delete
  4. Oh....forgot to say.....and I don't even drive-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even begin to rant about the bad and inconsiderate drivers here as well. It's really astonishing. Especially in our area where police presence is practically nil. People know it and they push the boundaries of the law all the time. I told Alex that my ideal life would be to never have to drive ever again if we didn't have to. Horse and buggy to the nearest local market if need be by way of forest only....I have a feeling it's a pipe dream though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously thinking about using the local bus service as much as possible, if only to help my blood pressure. lol

      Delete
  6. They are probably the same people who don't bother signalling because THEY know where they are going, irrespective of the chaos it causes for everyone else. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail right on the head there.

      Delete
  7. A couple weeks ago at the grocery store, a young woman in a spiffy sports car illegally parked in a handicapped spot, something that happens often. But this time, a police car caught her and was writing up a ticket as I was leaving. A small crowd of shoppers had stopped to look and some people started clapping as he handed over the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I would have applauded also.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.