Followers

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Who else is guilty

I like to hang my washing out when the weather is suitable, to do this I have built up a collection of pegs over the years. Now most of these are brilliant, easy to use and keep the washing in place even in strong winds, however there are quite a few that are not so good. They are awkward to open, twisting round in my fingers, or they are not strong enough for anything heavier than undies, then there are the too small, too big and the colours that I hate!.
 It has been good drying weather this week and I have worked my washing machine hard and cursed my pegs frequently. Today I tipped them out and sorted through, I now have  bag of pegs that I like, a bag of pegs that will be for the odd sock mountain ( goodness knows how 6 feet can dirty so many socks) and a pile of "out you go" pegs that are in the recycling bag.
Now tell me why it took so long for me to find the 5 minutes that it took to do this. It will save me at least that much time every time I peg out my washing. I would not mind betting that I am not alone in this.

Mmmm now where else do I waste time faffing around on a regular basis, cutlery, every meal time I rattle around in my cutlery drawer picking out the right size eating irons. Not any more, once again I emptied it out picked out the stuff that we do not use and replaced the ones that we do. Bingo another 5 minute job done and dusted.

I know full well that if I go round my house in this manner I will A, get rid of a fair bit of unused clutter and B, save myself time in the future. I also know that it will not happen overnight, I have to be in the right frame of mind and be in the right place.
Thanks to my washing marathon I have an pile of ironing which is my next task BEFORE  making the cup of tea that is calling my name.
Dinner tonight is leftover roast beef ( from Christmas) that I dug out from the freezer along with some beef stock. I will steam some veg and it will go with the Yorkshire pudding that I will cook later . It will go in the oven at the same time as an apple pie using the sliced apple that I tossed in cinnamon and sugar before I froze them last October, they are Howgate Wonder from my garden.
I think that is enough rambling for today. TTFN Pam

1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty too, pegs socks cutlery knickers... maybe one day I will get round to sorting mine out!

    Apple with cinnamon sugar sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.