Followers

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Chuckleicious

Another glorious sunny start to the day, which just got steadily better. Fran's socks are finished, wrapped and in her birthday bag.




Of course it was Knit and natter at Debs shop this afternoon so I cast on another sock to take with me.A single one this time as I am using a ball of  Regia Pairfect, in the excitingly named colourway 17122.
This is a centre pull ball and is designed to knit a perfectly matching pair of socks. There are sections of yellow waste yarn to indicate starting points for each sock. Time will tell.

The SO came with me today, he has put in a lot of hard work and had earned an afternoon off. He brought his knitting loom and spent a couple of hours working away, when he wasn't eating biscuits and drinking tea that is, not forgetting chatting to Debs and the other knitters. The biscuits were delicious, a selection of various chocolatey ones and some very buttery shortbread.

Much chatting, Oodles of Knitting and heaps of laughing was the order of the day. The SO just sunk into the group and was chuckling along with the rest of us. There was lots of tales of our children,s antics and one of the group entertained us royally with the things one of her boys gets up to.

We have had a request to knit blankets for Angel Babies from hospitals in Wales and Scotland. We were unanimous in signing up for this and Deb,s suppliers have offered free yarn.
I will be stash diving after dinner to find something in a pale colour. These need to be a minimum of 25" square so I will be using the C2C crochet pattern for one.

Ben was pleased to see us back, had a quick fuss and then ran into the kitchen and stood in front of the fridge waiting for his dinner. We were back late as we went into Ammanford for a couple of things.

I didn't even look at any yarn.

We did have an ice cream from the wonderful chocolate shop in Llandeilo though. 

Salad for dinner, without the impossible quiche.

I better start chopping as the evening is almost upon us and I still aim to have a little time in the garden.

                      TTFN                                              Pam



10 comments:

  1. Your socks turned out great! What pattern did you use? Cool that your SO went with you to knit & natter. Can you show us anything from the loom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used To Love and to Cherish, a free pattern on ravelry, by Ellie Jones. As soon as there is enough fabric to be seen coming from the loom I will take a photo and post it.

      Delete
  2. With a couple of adjustments I think the recipe I found for the impossible quiche might become a bit of a family favourite. It was so nice to eat it without pastry.

    How fab that the SO came to Knit and Natter with you-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never make the recipe twice the same, I just use what I have. There was finely diced ginger from my curry left so that went in along with some sliced garlic and some wild garlic leaves.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good day, love those socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are tucked away in Fran,s birthday bag and it was a very good day.

      Delete
  4. Just to let you know Pam the wee bag for my knitting washed beautifully! Slight accident with some very juicy strawberries at the knit and natter last night-oooops. Next week I'll just eat the unhealthy cake option. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have the cake.... and some strawberries.

      Delete
  5. the socks have come out lovely, I am intrigued with the sock yarn that has a marker yarn included can you show a photo of it please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a pic tomorrow but it is Regia Pairfect and part of the Arne & Carlos line I think. I got it from Wool Wharehouse I think. I will be using my preferred heel pattern and will show how that affects the pattering yarn as well.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.