Followers

Thursday 17 August 2017

A day of many parts.

The day dawned fine and bright, just a bit too early for me but I got up as once awake there is no going back to sleep.

  • Ben was all too happy to start his day early, but it was nothing to do with the weather Oh no. He decided that 5:45 was a good time for a spot of breakfast, I had to tell him otherwise.

I did not waste my time but got lots of little jobs sorted.

We had a walk and then it was time to scoop up Rufus for his turn.

I picked up Jess and Ivy and we went off out for a couple of hours, it is good to play hookey once in a while.

I came back to total chaos, the toilet cistern had sprung a leak, there was water running down the hall walls and the carpet was soaking. The plumber was on his way and within an hour order was restored.

Luckily the SO was at home and got the water turned off before any serious damage could happen.

As often happens it never rains but it pours, almost the minute that had I cleaned up the bathroom Ben was sick, poor little dog he slunk on his belly to the door in shame. Another round of cleaning and finally I could think about dinner.

Then to cap it all the heavens opened a few minutes before I was due to take the dogs out.

I threw the towel in, had dinner early, washed up and got into pj's and claimed my corner of the sofa.

I have started the rib on the first Miette sleeve, I added 30 extra rows as I want full length sleeves, bracelet length sleeves on an Aran weight cardigan seems so wrong.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully it will be less eventful. I intend to finish my sleeve and get the second one started and possibly have an early night, all this excitement is very tiring.

                                             TTFN                                                       Pam

2 comments:

  1. I hope things are better for you today. Poor Ben, being sick is no fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your day was not a very good one! Oh well there is always another day which will turn our really good

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.