Followers

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Quick, while he is sleeping.

Herbie is the perfect name, he is a right little Herbert. I can not read, knit or touch the laptop if he is awake. He just grabs a toy and launches himself at me. Then it is play or go for a walk, today was easier as the weather was glorious and he played in the garden with Rufus.
They rushed around for almost 2 hours, it was Rufus who tired first and he went home for an hours rest before the afternoon walk.
Herbie chose to play with his toys instead.They had their walk and after eating Ben curled up and had a snooze.
Herbie, on the other hand, found his rope ball and went doolally for half an hour. He is sleeping at my feet now and I am hopeful that he stays that way for a little while.








He does like this crochet ripple blanket and sneaks it off the sofa at every opportunity 



Just like Rufus the moment I get off the sofa he takes my corner.

I have managed some knitting, only socks though as I can drop them the minute he hurtles toward me.


These are from Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears, they are her All is Calm sock pattern. I have only put the lace on the legs this time but will knit the pattern again with a solid yarn.


I can not find my sock blockers, I remember moving them a few weeks ago but have no recollection of where to. I hope that they turn up soon.





This pair will be off the needles soon, also in a bakery Bears pattern, the Snowfall socks. Just a simple pattern to give a little bit more interest than vanilla socks. again I have only used the pattern on the leg because of the patterned yarn.

I hope to get some work done on the Carbeth very soon, it ought to be finished by now and there is yarn for another waiting in the wings.

Sewing has been a no no as well, if he comes into the room with me he runs riot and if I shut him out he cries at the door.
I did make the squeaky bone toys (now just chewed up shreds) but he was playing in the garden at that point.

I have some squeakers on order and will be making a stack of toys with some sturdy fabric. 

That little surprise has taken over my free time but he has also taken over my heart. He has become best friend to Ben and Rufus and when not plaguing me he climbs over the SO to find the most inconvenient and awkward place to go to sleep.

Both the dogs came with us to Neath for the SO's dental appointment, we had a walk along the riverbank and a little way through the town. Luckily the SO was not in there too long, but the dogs had a good snuffle and sniff round and slept in the car on the way home.

It is now 9:00 and I need to get this posted and pick that sock up while all is quiet.

                      TTFN                                                     Pam

10 comments:

  1. Dogs worm their way into our hearts so quickly, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound as f you have taken him right to your heart, Pam. This was a lovely proud Mama post today. You have managed an amazing amount of knitting considering how much attention Herbie needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of oooh's and aaah's going on here...oooh's at the gorgeous socks and aaah's for that bundle of utter cuteness that is Herbie.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a cutie. Love the colours in the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herbie is such a cutie.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't he gorgeous and those socks look very comfortable.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a joy he is, a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice socks.
    What a sweetie he is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Herbie envy big time x love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m in love wit Him herbie and his antics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.